Webpage Cannot be found in all pages and posts

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Webpage Cannot be found in all pages and posts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

After updating to BPS  5.3 none of the posts and pages are accessible. I still have access to the WP Admin but each time I click on View Page or Post the page is not shown with an http 404 error. I tried to choose something appropriate to do from the troubleshooting pages but could not decide what to do.Your  fast help appreciated.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

When you installed the BPS Pro 5.3 upgrade did you:

1. Turn off ARQ
    2. Install / update plugins or Themes
    3. Click the 4 Backup Files buttons
    4. Turn ARQ back On.

If you did not turn off AutoRestore first before upgrading BPS Pro or forgot to click the 4 Backup Files buttons then BPS Pro files are in Quarantine and you will need to restore those BPS Pro plugin files using the Quarantine Restore File options.

The issue actually seems more like something happened to your Root .htaccess file.  What is the status of your htaccess files on the Security Status page?

Also maybe the new Plugins Firewall .htaccess file is not working correctly on your particular site for some reason.  Go to Security Modes and choose delete plugins .htaccess file from the new Plugins Folder BulletProof Mode option.  So far no one else has had problems with on over 10,000 upgrades.  Thanks.

Ed,
    I really don’t remember if I followed the procedure you describe above. I think that if I do the troubleshooting with you here, we will be spending hours with questions and answers.I still lack a lot of knowledge about BPS and need to get used to many things about it. I think you may solve the problem in much less time by entering WP yourself and evaluating there the situation.Then you can post here anything you want people to know about the problem.I am sending you Admin logging details by email right now.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well actually the new Plugins Firewall feature allows you to not have to use ARQ to check the Plugins folder anymore and just let the new Plugins Firewall handle security on the plugins folder.  See Alternative ARQ Usage To Avoid Having To Follow the ARQ Procedural Steps When Installing or Upgrading Plugins below.

AutoRestore/Quarantine Correct Usage
    AutoRestore/Quarantine (ARQ Infinity) is a real time file monitor that monitors all of your website files for any changes. When updating plugins, installing new plugins, deleting plugins or updating, installing and deleting Themes or WordPress itself you need to follow these simple procedural steps for ARQ to avoid any unnecessary problems.

1. Turn off ARQ.
    2. Install / Update Plugins, Themes or WordPress itself.
    3. Click the 4 Backup Files buttons.
    4. Turn ARQ back On.

Alternative ARQ Usage To Avoid Having To Follow the ARQ Procedural Steps When Installing or Upgrading Plugins
    As of BPS Pro 5.3 a new feature has been added – Plugin Firewall / BulletProof Mode. You can choose to Exclude the plugins folder from being checked by ARQ by using the Exclude Folders and Files Tool / Option. This will allow you to install and upgrade plugins without having to follow the ARQ procedural steps when installing or upgrading plugins and the plugins folder will still be completely protected by the Plugin Firewall / BulletProof Mode.

I will do my best to learn all those procedures but right now I would like to find the way to return the posts and pages to normal.Just sent you access to the blog by email

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok i received the login info you sent me and will be logging in shortly.  What i think would be best to do is setup the new Alternative Method and let the new Plugins Firewall .htaccess file handle security on your plugins folder.  This allows you to not follow the ARQ procedures since ARQ will no longer be monitoring your plugins folder.  The Plugins Firewall is impenetrable so it is actually even better then ARQ itself in some ways.  Thanks. 

After your troubleshooting onsite everything seems back to normal. What are the MUST DO or LIFE AND DEATH PROCEDURES to avoid these problems?And if you want post here a 1-2-3 procedure of what you did to recover the views, in case someone else falls into this. 😆

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well I am actually not really sure what happened in this case.  I thought this had to do with AutoRestore, but there were no files in Quarantine.  Your site was in [obsolete-removed] when i logged in so I clicked the [obsolete-removed] buttons and activated Root folder BulletProof Mode and everything is working fine.

I have excluded the plugins folder from being checked by ARQ so you no longer have to worry about turning ARQ on or off – ONLY FOR PLUGINS upgrades, installations, etc.  If you are upgrading a theme or upgrading WordPress then the normal ARQ procedural steps need to be done – turn off ARQ, upgrade/install an upgrade, click the backup files buttons and turn ARQ back on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.