Help Needed Following Website Restored to New new MySQL server and hostname

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Help Needed Following Website Restored to New new MySQL server and hostname

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ian
    Participant

Hi,

Our webhost has had to restore our website from backup, and have had to restore it using a new MySQL server and hostname.

I don’t even know at this point if there is a new file path or not to the files.

The problem is when they try to update the wp-config file to point to it, bulletproof quarantines the file and restores the original.

As I the site cannot connect to the database, I cannot do anything from the WP admin

Is there a procedure to work around this issue?

Thanks,

Ian
    Participant

Hi,

They restored the website files to a new server and it is using a different mysql server

I cannot load frontend or WP admin because the website is just showing this error -Error establishing a database connection –

Their support have said,

“The MySQL server hostname has changed. This is now:
    sdb-***.hosting.********.net
    This needs to be set in your wp-config.php.”

However if I try to update the wp-config.php, the file is then quarantined by bulletproof and we are back to square one with the Error establishing a database connection error

This is the problem I am facing

Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you are unable to login to your site then you can use your web host control panel file manager or FTP and rename the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder to /_bulletproof-security/.  Update your wp-config.php file.  Login to your website.  Go to the WordPress Plugins page.  Click the Must-Use link at the top of the page.  Click the Turn Off AutoRestore link.  Then rename the /_bulletproof-security/ plugin folder back to /bulletproof-security/.  Activate the BPS Pro plugin.  Then run the Setup Wizard.

Ian
    Participant

Thank you.

As ever your support is the best in the WP ecosystem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.