Hide Status Message in Admin Area – S-Monitor Status Display and Alerts

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Hide Status Message in Admin Area – S-Monitor Status Display and Alerts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Hi

How do i hide the status message in the admin area? think this will alarm my clients
    BULLETPROOF PRO 8.3 SECURE .HTACCESS || AutoRestore/Quarantine Status: On – Check Files Every 15 Minutes || Firewall Status: On || UAEG Status: On || Login Security Status: On || JTC Anti-Spam Status: Off

thanks

Mike
    Participant

its ok, found it…

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you do not want the S-Monitor heads up status display to display in the WP Dashboard it is recommended that you choose to display status and alerts in BPS Pro pages only.  It is not recommended that you choose to turn off status and alerting for obvious reasons.

Mike
    Participant

Hi,

my clients are complete novices… and just getting them to even edit a page with wordpress is a tall order in itself… i dont want them to be bombarded with security warnings

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, you definitely want to turn off Security Log alerts since hackers do what they do 24x7x365 and the alerts fire pretty much constantly all day every day.  For all other S-Monitor settings the second best option is to display things in BPS Pro pages only.  Choosing to Display things in BPS pages means that these alerts are only displayed in BPS Pro pages and nowhere else.

YoolsLoganta
    Participant

Hi there,

I keep seeing alerts on every admin page. I tried ‘Display status in BPS only’ and ‘Turn off displayed status’, but these keep showing up everywhere:

• AutoRestore / Quarantine: ARQ Status alerts
    • Login Security Alerts
    • PHP Error Log Alerts

My clients panic when they see one of these, what can I do about it?

Kind regards,
    Stefaan

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Make sure that after you are choosing S-Monitor option settings, you are clicking the Save Options button to save your setting changes.

Alerts are only displayed to Administrators of the website and not to any other Roles:  Editor, Author, Contributor or Subscriber. All S-Monitor alerts and status settings/options can be turned off individually or displayed individually in the WP Dashboard or BPS Pro plugin pages only, EXCEPT for the AutoRestore|Quarantine Alert.  It is an “Always On” setting to avoid human error and should NEVER be turned Off for any reason since it is the most critical alert that you want to know about always and immediately.

YoolsLoganta
    Participant

Hi there,

I understand your point of view about the AutoRestore/Quarantine Alert, but that one is visible to all user roles. I want it to be visible for administrators only. How do I do that?

Kind regards,
    Stefaan

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Let me explain the logic of why the AutoRestore|Quarantine alert should be displayed to everyone.  Besides being the most critical alert for a website it is also a troubleshooting alert.  Let’s say someone adds or installs something to the site and does not follow the standard ARQ procedures when manually adding or modifying files to the website.  What will happen is that the file or files will be autorestored and/or quarantined.  So if an alert was not displayed then there would be no indication of what problem occurred.  That would be extremely bad overall coding work and design.  You should rarely ever see an AutoRestore|Quarantine alert.  If you are seeing regular AutoRestore|Quarantine alerts then what needs to be done is to create an AutoRestore|Quarantine folder exclude rule to exclude something from being checked that should not be checked by ARQ.  See this video tutorial for how to create AutoRestore|Quarantine exclude rules:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#autorestore-quarantine

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.