Host by Address

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Host by Address

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jaiji
    Participant

Hi

I’ve just noticed something strange in the Server Information on a client website. The Host by Address lists the URL of a completely unrelated website from Denmark. I can’t see anything here relating to that. Where should I look to resolve this?

TIA

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Host by Address uses this code: esc_html( gethostbyaddr( $_SERVER['SERVER_ADDR'] ) )

gethostbyaddr — Get the Internet host name corresponding to a given IP address

The code gets the server IP address and then returns the host name for the server.  What do you see when you use this DNS Checking tool? >  https://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/website-dns-check/. Is the DNS information correct for this website?

Jaiji
    Participant

It does appear to be, yes. No mention of the other site.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What is the host name for the host in Denmark?

Jaiji
    Participant

It’s bodybossgym.dk – routed through Cloudflare I believe. Totally different IP when I use the above link. The site in question does not use Cloudflare, it’s a development site and is in maintenance mode. Happy to provide details but would rather do so privately.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Hmm maybe maintenance mode (plugin, theme or other method) has something to do with the problem?  Try taking the site out of maintenance mode temporarily and recheck the BPS System Info page.

Jaiji
    Participant

Apologies, the site is live, not in maintenance mode – I’m working on a replacement site which is though (and has no similar issue on the development server).

Jaiji
    Participant

I also just tried a complete uninstall and reinstall of BPS – same as before. Is this something I should speak to the host about?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This is a server issue and not a website issue. So yep contact your host.

Jaiji
    Participant

OK, thanks, will do.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.