How to add a favicon file for your website

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro How to add a favicon file for your website

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jose
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve just added this code. Everything works fine but the site favicon is not being shown at Chrome and Explorer browsers. Firefox shows it as usual.  Every time some visitor uses the two first ones, I’m receiving this security log notification. No matter what page they are reading.

[403 GET / HEAD Request: august 2, 2014 - 07:32]
    Event Code: BFHS - Blocked/Forbidden Hacker or Spammer
    Solution: N/A - Hacker/Spammer Blocked/Forbidden
    REMOTE_ADDR: 199.204.185.51
    Host Name: 199.204.185.51
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP:
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER:
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-content/uploads/2011/07/FaviconMySite.png
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/36.0.1985.125 Safari/537.36

What can Ido?

Jose
    Participant

I have deleted the old favicon and now it doesn’t charge a new one showing the theme developer favicon by default at any browser correctly. Now I can’t include my own favicon.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Favicon

If there is already an old favicon.ico file in your current theme’s main folder, delete it using FTP Clients.

With an FTP Client, upload the new favicon.ico file into your current theme’s main folder.
    Upload another copy of your favicon.ico file to the main directory of your site (ie. http://example.com/favicon.ico). This will display the favicon in your subscribers’ feedreaders.

You will also need to clear/delete your Browser Cache and close and reopen your Browser before you will see your favicon.

Jose
    Participant

Done. Everything works fine now. Thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.