How to add jtc to bbpress new post form?

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro How to add jtc to bbpress new post form?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    aoba
    Participant

Just installed bbpress and then started the setup process..

when allowing anonymous posting

is it possible to add jtc to new posts form?

Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Currently JTC works for these Forms: WordPress Login, Register, Lost Password and Comments Forms. WooCommerce Login and Register Forms. Multisite Register Form.  BuddyPress/bbPress Register and Sidebar Login Forms.  I might add shortcode for JTC someday so that it can be added to other Forms, but currently JTC is primarily designed to protect Login and Registration Forms against spambot and hackerbot auto-registrations, auto-logins and auto-posting.

There may be a bbPress plugin that adds a captcha to the new posts form.  If not, then you should not allow anonymous posting since your forum site will be filled with spambot spam posts every day.  Before creating JTC this forum site was getting 50,000+ spambot posts per month.  After creating JTC this forum site now gets the occasional human spammer post at a rate of 5 human spam posts per month.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This bbPress plugin adds the Google reCAPTCHA and supposedly works if you are allowing anonymous posting > https://wordpress.org/plugins/recaptcha-for-bbpress/

aoba
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for your answer, I have found that plugin for captcha, but I liked the less headache I had with JTC.

bbpress uses Akismet, so hopefully this will be enough to stop the bots.

Thanks again, and hope you consider adding this to any future releases if applicable.

Have a good day.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.