How to configure fast and secure apache web server

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro How to configure fast and secure apache web server

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Young Master
    Participant

Hello AITPro Admin, I have bought a new server with Intel Xeon E3-1220 v2 processor @3.1 Ghz and 8 GB RAM and I’m planning to install and configure Apache web server on it. Will you please recommend me a tutorial which will help me install, configure and secure fast Apache web server on Cent OS.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

hmm I can do some Google searches, but you could do that yourself.  I do not have any documentation anywhere for doing this so I guess the search terms you would Google would be:  apache server security checklist, apache web server security configuration, apache web server security tutorial…

Young Master
    Participant

I have searched around the web for apache server security tutorial/configuration but I couldnt find any latest apache server security configurations. Is any other way you can do to help me?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

We do not offer server installation or configuration services so I think you should try posting on forums where they focus on server installations and configurations.  Someone on one of those forums may post links to the information you are looking for.

Todd C. Reisman
    Participant

sudo mkdir -p /var/www/todd/public_html

nano /var/www/todd/public_html/index.html <—- HTML

#HTTP
    sudo nano /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf —— DocumentRoot /var/www/todd/public_html/
    sudo apache2ctl configtest
    sudo systemctl restart apache2

#HTTPS CERTIFICATES
    sudo openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 365 -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout /etc/ssl/private/apache-selfsigned.key -out /etc/ssl/certs/apache-selfsigned.crt

#HTTPS
    sudo nano /etc/apache2/sites-available/default-ssl.conf —- DocumentRoot /var/www/todd/public_html/
    sudo a2enmod ssl
    sudo a2enmod headers
    sudo a2ensite default-ssl
    sudo systemctl restart apache2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.