How to create custom php.ini

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro How to create custom php.ini

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok you need to contact your Web Host and ask them what this file is.  Let me know what they tell you.  Thanks.

Young Master
    Participant

Thank you. Why my custom php.ini doesnt look the same like the default server php.ini after creatig my custom php.ini? My custom php.ini looks the same as standard php.ini.  Why is that?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Did you copy and paste your Server’s Default php.ini file contents into your custom php.ini file (overwrite the entire contents of your custom php.ini file) and then save your changes?  Did the custom php.ini file get sent to Quarantine after you did this?  If so, then restore your custom php.ini file after it is sent to Quarantine using the Quarantine Restore File option.

Young Master
    Participant

No I didnt because this tutorial didnt tell me to do so. I will do that right away.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Please take a look at this custom php.ini tutorial:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/custom-php-ini-file-setup-php5-3-x/

The tutorial can be used for PHP5.2.x or PHP5.3.x or higher versions of PHP.

Young Master
    Participant

Thank you for the classy customer support. I wouldnt have done it without u. AIT Pro Team Rocks my world.

Young Master
    Participant

I have followed the tutorial there are some codes I couldnt accomplish modifying.

While searching for the code “error_log” I found the following

; Log errors to specified file.
    error_log = error_log

; Log errors to syslog (Event Log on NT, not valid in Windows 95).
    ;error_log = syslog

so I didnt know which one should I modify. Should I modify the first one or the second one? also while searching for “error_reporting” I found the following

; Examples:
    ;
    ; - Show all errors, except for notices
    ;
    error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED
    ;
    ; - Show only errors
    ;
    ;error_reporting = E_COMPILE_ERROR|E_ERROR|E_CORE_ERROR
    ;
    ; - Show all errors except for notices
    ;
    ;error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

I didnt know what to do here since the above codes seemed to be like an example. Please I need your assistance in this.

Thank you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The P-Security ini_set Options already sets both of these things in a much better way so you can just ignore these 2 directives. For example sake, but just use ini_set Options instead, this is what you would do/add: For the error_log = error_log directive add the Recommended path that you see on the PHP Error Log page.
    Example path:  /home/xxxxx/public_html/forum/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log
    error_log = /add your actual path here/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log

For error_reporting that setting is already good.

Young Master
    Participant

Thank you very much.

Young Master
    Participant

After customizing my custom php.ini file I started to get some errors in my PHP error log and I dont know what causes those errors. will you please help me resolve this issue. Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

To troubleshoot PHP Errors in your PHP Error log see this Forum topic:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/how-to-troubleshoot-php-errors-php-errors-in-your-php-error-log/

Young Master
    Participant

I have tried to troubleshoot the error log but I couldnt find the right solution for this problem. This problem started to occur after changing some codes in my custom php.ini. As you can see most of the errors are database MySQL error. I would appreciate If are going to help me to resolve this matter since you are more expert than me in these issues. Below is the copy of PHP error log.  I will appriciate if you are going to assist me in this.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Please do not post the entire contents of log files in the Forum.  It is fine to post one instance of each error in the Forum.  If you need to send an entire log file then email it to info at ait-pro dot com.  Thanks.

If php errors are directly related to BPS Pro then we can assist you with those.  We cannot assist you with php errors that are unrelated to BPS Pro since you should contact the correct plugin author or theme author about those php errors.  Looking over your php error log you need to do these things:

Rename your custom php.ini file to php.ini.BAK and then check your php error log for an hour or so.  If no new errors are occurring then yes some settings in your custom php.ini file are related to the php errors.  I do not see any php errors in the log you posted that indicate that the php.ini file is causing the errors.

contact the author of your Theme – classipress – about the MySQL Database errors related to classipress.

contact the author of the BackWPup plugin although the errors look like they are being caused by a bad/wrong Job ID.

You can disregard these BPS Pro errors:  WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query SELECT * FROM wp_bpspro_arq_exclude – these errors are going to happen intermittently and this is completely normal.

Young Master
    Participant

Thank you. Let me try your solution and see what happens. I will give you feedback after few hours.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Also you need to contact this plugin author – gd-star-rating – there is a coding mistake that needs to be fixed in that plugin.  Post these errors in the GD  Star Rating Plugin Support forum on the WordPress.org site.

[17-Mar-2013 01:45:23 UTC] PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gd-star-rating/code/t2/render.php on line 732
    [17-Mar-2013 01:45:23 UTC] PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gd-star-rating/code/t2/render.php on line 738
    [17-Mar-2013 01:45:23 UTC] PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gd-star-rating/code/t2/render.php on line 754
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.