WordPress Uploads Folder – Uploaded files cause 403 error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WordPress Uploads Folder – Uploaded files cause 403 error

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    webstar
    Participant

I uploaded a few files to my uploads directory but, keep getting a 403 error when trying to access it.

I disabled BPS Pro and then I could access the files. What am I supposed to disable/do to upload the files without getting the error (and obviously keep BPS Pro enabled)?

Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What are the files you are uploading?  Are they htaccess files or some other type of file?  If the files are htaccess files or some other type of file then I need to see the code in those files.  Send the files to:  info at ait-pro dot com so I can look at them.  Where are you uploading the files to?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Note: This Forum Topic Title has been changed to a more relevant Forum Topic Title
    I just received your email and am posting my email reply here:

Oh ok then you just need to create an Uploads Anti-Exploit Guard (UAEG) whitelist rule for the /wp-content/uploads/sashelp/ folder.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/uploads-anti-exploit-guard-uaeg-read-me-first/

Do these steps below:

CUSTOM CODE UAEG Help Info
    To edit/customize your Uploads Anti-Exploit Guard (UAEG) .htaccess file go to the B-Core > htaccess File Editor tab page > “Your Current Uploads htaccess File” tab and do the steps below.
    1. Copy and paste your entire Uploads .htaccess file code from the “Your Current Uploads htaccess File” tab on the htaccess File Editor page into the CUSTOM CODE UAEG text box.
    2. Edit/modify/customize your UAEG htaccess code in the CUSTOM CODE UAEG text box.
    3. Click the Save UAEG Custom Code button to save your UAEG custom code.
    4. Go to the Security Modes page and click the UAEG BulletProof Mode Activate button.

The edit that you want to do in step #2 is this:

If you have an Apache server:
    Remove/delete the # sign from infront of this line of code in your UAEG htaccess code and change the folder name as shown below.
    #SetEnvIf Request_URI "sashelp/.*$" whitelist

If you have a LiteSpeed server:
    Remove/delete the # sign from infront of this line of code in your UAEG htaccess code and change the folder name as shown below.
    #RewriteRule ^sashelp/.*$ - [L]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.