How to prevent 403 error on non-wordpress site

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro How to prevent 403 error on non-wordpress site

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

I have BPS Pro on my main wordpress site that is installed on the root of my server, and it works great.  I have another (non-wordpress) site on the same server in a subfolder that has some problems with BPS.  On my non-wordpress site, everything works great except for being able to email, which runs in a pop-up window that gets block by a 403 error.  If I disable bulletproof root folder mode, the problem goes away.  Is there a way to tell BPS not to block that pop-up?  It is returning “you don’t have permission to access /mysubfolder/index.php”  Thank You!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

See this forum topic for how to create skip/bypass RewriteRules for non-wordpress sites/3rd party applications:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/htaccess-files-for-multiple-website-domains/  If you need an exact specific skip/bypass RewriteRule then post the name of the site folder that you would like to skip/bypass.

Matt
    Participant

Thanks.  I tried some things after reading that post, but I still can’t get it to work.  My wordpress site with BPS installed is at the root: /public_html/ and the site that is getting the pop-ups blocked is installed at /public_html/example.com/projects and it looks to be blocking the index.php file.  I tried adding this to the main site’s htaccess file:

# WP REWRITE LOOP START
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# Do not apply rules to other child websites &
    # do not log errors for these child sites
    RewriteRule ^example.com/projects - [L]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Matt – I believe you need to use the root site’s folder name (/example.com/) instead of also including the child subfolder name (/projects/) for that site.  Try modifying your code in BPS Custom Code to this below, resave it and activate Root Folder BulletProof Mode again.

# WP REWRITE LOOP START
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# Do not apply rules to other child websites &
    # do not log errors for these child sites
    RewriteRule ^example.com/ - [L]
    Matt
    Participant

It worked!  Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.