How to properly and cleanly uninstall iThemes better-wp-security.8.1.2

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro How to properly and cleanly uninstall iThemes better-wp-security.8.1.2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mniks
    Participant

Hi all!

Thanks in advance for reading this note.

I recently updated to  BPS-Pro and am loving it!

So far all is going well with the update from BPS-free to Pro-BPS on 4 out of 5 WordPress sites (thanks to the help videos).

My last will be an install on a WordPress site that has iThemes better-wp-security.8.1.2.

I realize that the normal way is to ‘deactivate’ and then ‘uninstall’, but I also realize that there will be leftovers that won’t be automatically cleaned up.

What is my best shot at uninstalling it so that it does not interfere with the install of BPS-Pro? And would or should there be extra cleanup for me to do.

IThemes is not responding to my question in the WordPress support forum.

Thanks again,
    Mike.
    P.S. I am an amateur novice newbie.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

To completely uninstall iThemes Security you would do the normal plugin deactivation and uninstall on the WordPress Plugins page.  After that you can use the BPS Pro > Tools > DB Table Cleaner|Remover tool > Select the Drop radio button for each of these iThemes Security database tables listed below > click the Empty|Drop button to delete any leftover iThemes Security database tables.  Note: You may not see any leftover iThemes database tables if all of them were deleted when you uninstalled iThemes Security on the WP Plugins page.

wp_itsec_bans
    wp_itsec_dashboard_events
    wp_itsec_distributed_storage
    wp_itsec_fingerprints
    wp_itsec_geolocation_cache
    wp_itsec_lockouts
    wp_itsec_logs
    wp_itsec_mutexes
    wp_itsec_opaque_tokens
    wp_itsec_temp
    wp_itsec_user_groups

Mniks
    Participant

Wow! Lightning fast response. Outstanding!

Now armed with good information, I will be proceeding to the new install this evening.

Thanks!

Mike.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.