How to change the maximum upload file size

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free How to change the maximum upload file size

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robald
    Participant

Hi the code: php_value upload_max_filesize 64M doesn’t work in the admin .htaccess. How i can raise the max upload?

Thank you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

php_value and php_flag directives only work in an .htaccess file depending on your Server type and if your Host has specifically allowed this.  I do not believe using ini_set in your wp-config.php file will work.  Create a custom php.ini file and add these directives below in your custom php.ini file.  If you are not sure how to create a custom php.ini file then contact your host and they will create a custom php.ini file for your website and add the 64M value.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2184513/php-change-the-maximum-upload-file-size

You need to set the value of upload_max_filesize and post_max_size in your php.ini :

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
    upload_max_filesize = 40M

; Must be greater than or equal to upload_max_filesize
    post_max_size = 40M
    If you can’t change your php.ini, you’re out of luck. You cannot change these values at run-time; uploads of file larger than the value specified in php.ini will have failed by the time execution reaches your call to ini_set.

Robald
    Participant

My host told me that i can do it in the .htaccess.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Then you would add this code in your Root .htaccess file (you need to add both of these in order for it to work & they need to be in your Root .htaccess file):

php_value upload_max_filesize 64M
    php_value post_max_size 64M

To BPS Custom Code in this Custom Code text box:  CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE.
    Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.