How to remove the BPS CAPTCHA

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro How to remove the BPS CAPTCHA

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Dear AITpro,
    I purchased and installed BPS Pro a few months ago.
    It has ben running very well but I’m not sure how to get help on one very specific problem.

Before installing BPS Pro I had a number of different security plug-ins operating on the private WordPress website of which I’m the administrator, though I’m not at all expert.
    I removed all the other security plug-ins.

Before BPS Pro the Word Press Log-in panel required a User Name and a Password.
    After BPS Pro installation an additional step was inserted in the Log-in panel
    The captcha step has been inserted and is causing some confusion amongst my users.
    Is this a REALLY necessary step. If it was removed would it compromise the good security that BPS Pro is already providing.?
    Can I remove it and how do I do it??

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Answer:

You can turn off the JTC CAPTCHA by doing the steps below. JTC blocks spammers from auto-registering, auto-logins and auto-posting. So you may see an increase in spam user accounts being created after turning off JTC.

1. Go to BPS Pro > JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker
    2. Uncheck all the Form checkboxes under the “Enable|Disable JTC For These Forms” option setting for the Forms that you do not want the BPS JTC CAPTCHA to be displayed on.
    3. Click the Save Options button.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.