How to respond to BPS Hidden Plugin Folder|Files (HPF) Alert

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro How to respond to BPS Hidden Plugin Folder|Files (HPF) Alert

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Philip Sheldrake
    Participant

Hello,

First things first … thanks for all the super work you do keeping all our websites secure 🙂

I wonder if you can help me respond to the following alert:

BPS Hidden Plugin Folder|Files (HPF) Alert
    An unrecognized/non-standard WP file was found in your /plugins/ folder. This file may be a hacker file or contain hacker code. If you recognize this file and/or it is safe to ignore this file you can ignore this file check by adding the HPF Ignore Rule shown below in the Ignore Hidden Plugin Folders & Files textarea box option to make this Alert go away.
    File Path: /home/XXXXXX/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/.listing
    HPF Ignore Rule: .listing
    Last Modified Time: 26 June 2018 @ 7:50 pm
    Last Change Time: 28 August 2021 @ 11:56 pm
    Last Access Time: 7 June 2022 @ 2:50 am
    File Contents:

I’m not certain what to do next. Perhaps start with this? …

I have compared the contents of the .listing file with the list of plugins installed and activated. I have no deactivated plugins.

I have two plugins installed and activated that are not listed in the .listing file: copy & delete posts and loginizer.

The .listing file lists three plugins I no longer have installed: audio-player, force-https-littlebizzy, and really-simple-ssl.

What should I do now? Thanks in advance.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Most likely the .listing file is an orphaned file that should be under a plugin folder, but I have seen some plugins add files directly under the /plugins/ folder. So you just want to check the file to make sure it is not malicious and then just ignore the file using the steps in the HPF Alert message.

mineworkshare
    Participant

I get this because I have my admin IP address, When I add it to Ignore, it goes away until the next scan, I have hundreds of emails flooding my in box, so maybe until you fix it, I just disable the function

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Please post the HPF Alert message so I can take a look at it.  I added a new option in BPS 6.4 to turn off HPF email alerts.  Click the link in the HPF alert or go to the BPS Alerts|Logs|Email Options page to turn off HPF email alerts.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.