How to whitelist a password-protected page

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free How to whitelist a password-protected page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

My client decided to open her website so people can buy her prints for a limited time. she wanted to give priority to the people who had already submitted requests, so we republished the “dormant” page and protected it with a password using the standard WordPress function. The thing is that some people can access it, some cannot, and some cannot access it again after their first time. I can’t figure out why this would be so intermittent but I’ve spent a horrendous amount of time helping these prospective customers. I can’t even tell if any of the entries in the security log are related or not. How can I whitelist this page so people won’t have so much trouble with the password not letting them access the page?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

That’s a typical caching problem.  You need to exclude that page from being cached in whatever caching plugin you are using.  And delete/purge all cache in whatever caching plugin you are using.

Hannah
    Participant

Thank you. Purging cache and setting as non-cacheable page now. I’ll let you know whether or not this works once a few more people have had a chance to attempt accessing the page.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.