htaccess blocking embedded pdf display

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free htaccess blocking embedded pdf display

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

Hi all, hope you are well. Late last week I was working on a new website, https://aircraftdesignguide.com, for a client. I tried three different pdf embed plugins and got the same result with each one so I contacted the host (GreenGeeks) for help. After looking into it they found that there’s something in the htaccess file that was blocking this function, as the files displayed when the BPS htaccess was disabled and the default htaccess enabled. So right now the site is in that state, but I’m concerned about security with BPS root htaccess disbaled so I thought I’d see if you can tell me which part of htaccess is blocking the pdf display so I can modify it properly. I don’t have any custom code set up beyond what automatically appears there after installing the plugin and running the setup wizard. In this case, that’s LiteSpeed cache code (I presume this was automatically installed due to the host using LiteSpeed servers as I did not add it myself), Section 9. CUSTOM CODE REQUEST METHODS FILTERED: Whitelist User Agents and allow HEAD Requests, 11. CUSTOM CODE TIMTHUMB FORBID RFI and MISC FILE SKIP/BYPASS RULE, and 12. CUSTOM CODE BPSQSE BPS QUERY STRING EXPLOITS. I hope this is enough information for you, but if you need anything else just say the word.

Thank you for your help.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Send me a WordPress Admin login to this site to:  info at ait-pro dot com and I’ll fix the problem.  Also I would like to know which PDF embed plugin you would like to get working.  Or the order of preference.  ie plugin1, plugin2 or plugin3.

Hannah
    Participant

Did you not receive the login credentials I sent soon after you requested them? Or are you still working out a resolution to this issue? Thanks, and hope you are safe and well in this crazy time!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, did not receive your login info. Stressful times to be sure. 😉 Send the login info through my contact form here > https://www.ait-pro.com/contact/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This plugin – PDF Poster – PDF Embedder Plugin for WordPress requires this Root htaccess file skip/bypass rule below:

1. Copy this htaccess skip/bypass rule into this BPS Root Custom Code text box: 10. CUSTOM CODE PLUGIN/THEME SKIP/BYPASS RULES
    2. Click the Save Root Custom Code button. Note: On this particular web host the Encrypt htaccess code button needed to be clicked first before clicking the Save Root Custom Code button due to ModSecurity CRS being installed on this host server.
    3. Go to the BPS Setup Wizard page and rerun the BPS Setup Wizard. For BPS Pro run the Pre-Installation Wizard before running the Setup Wizard.

# PDF Poster plugin skip/bypass rule
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/wp-content/plugins/pdf-poster/ [NC]
    RewriteRule . - [S=13]
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.