BEGIN All In One WP Security #AIOWPS_BLOCK_WP_

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro BEGIN All In One WP Security #AIOWPS_BLOCK_WP_

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dennis
    Participant

This may not be an issue at all – just thought I’d ask. After my last round of updates (to version 10.7), I noticed that the BPSPro status headers at the top of my sites’ Admin pages contain different version information.

• One site initially read “The BPS Pro Automatic htaccess File Update Completed Successfully!” then after refreshing showed “BPS Pro 10.7”
    • One site immediately read “BPS Pro 10.7” with no prior success message.
    • Two sites read “BPS Pro 10.6”
    • Three sites read “BPS Pro 10.5”
    • Several other sites read “BEGIN All In One WP Security #AIOWPS_BLOCK_WP_”

When I updated, all the sites indicated the update had been successful, and all sites show version 10.7 below the name and description of the plugin. Is there an issue indicated by the differing status header at the top of the Admin pages? Is .htaccess being updated correctly? I’m using WordPress version 4.2.4.

Thanks,
    Dennis

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Dashboard Status Display should display: BPS Pro 10.7 RBM: On WBM: On  …and the rest of the BPS Pro Status Display… You may or may not see this message during a BPS Pro upgrade depending on certain site specific factors:  “The BPS Pro Automatic htaccess File Update Completed Successfully!”.  If you are NOT seeing BPS Pro 10.7 in the Dashboard Status Display then Refresh your Browser.  If you are still not seeing BPS Pro 10.7 displayed then you do not have BPS Pro 10.7 installed on that site.  If you are seeing:  “BEGIN All In One WP Security #AIOWPS_BLOCK_WP_” then that means the All In One WP Security htaccess code is at the top of your root htaccess file.  The top of your root htaccess file MUST start with this line of commented out text:  # BULLETPROOF PRO 10.7 SECURE .HTACCESS.  To correct the All In One WP Security plugin’s mistake, use BPS Root Custom Code and copy the All In One WP Security plugin’s htaccess code in your root htaccess file to the appropriate BPS Root Custom Code text box.  In order to be be able to tell you which BPS Root Custom Code text box the All In One WP Security plugin’s htaccess code should go in I would need to see that code. Post the All In One WP Security plugin’s htaccess code in your reply.

Dennis
    Participant

Greetings – and thanks for the quick reply!

Refreshing the browser did the trick for all sites showing an older version of BPS Pro. As you noted, that did not work for those showing “BEGIN All In One WP Security #AIOWPS_BLOCK_WP_” however. Below is the .htaccess code; note that the BPS has a begin line, but I didn’t find an end code. This is one of five sites which have this problem.

Note that there are others with the “All in One WP Security” plugin which function correctly, but which do not have any code from the plugin in .htaccess (?)

NOTE: Code below edited by AITpro Admin

# BEGIN All In One WP Security
    [code copied for evaluation and deleted]
    # END All In One WP Security

#   BULLETPROOF PRO 10.7 SECURE .HTACCESS
    [standard BPS root htaccess file code deleted]

# BEGIN W3TC Browser Cache
    [W3TC htaccess caching code deleted]
    # END W3TC Page Cache core

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^monitor.htm$ /wp-content/plugins/pg-monitor/monitor-external.php [QSA,L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>
    # END WordPress
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You have several things to add to BPS Root Custom Code:

1. Add/copy the # BEGIN All In One WP Security to # END All In One WP Security section of htaccess code from your root htaccess file to this BPS Root Custom Code text box:  CUSTOM CODE BOTTOM HOTLINKING/FORBID COMMENT SPAMMERS/BLOCK BOTS/BLOCK IP/REDIRECT CODE
    2. Add/copy the # BEGIN W3TC Browser Cache to # END W3TC Page Cache core W3TC section of htaccess code from your root htaccess file to this BPS Root Custom Code text box: CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE
    3. Add/copy this actual code below (contains your BPS|WP Rewrite Loop Start code with the pg monitor plugin code combined into the Rewrite Loop Start code) to his BPS Root Custom Code text box: CUSTOM CODE WP REWRITE LOOP START

# WP REWRITE LOOP START
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# RewriteRule for pg monitor plugin
    RewriteRule ^monitor.htm$ /wp-content/plugins/pg-monitor/monitor-external.php [QSA,L]

4. Click the Save Root Custom Code button to save your Root custom code.
    5. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

Dennis
    Participant

Your solution worked a charm – thanks!

One last question – should I repeat the above steps for those sites which did not show the erroneous BPS Pro header message? In other words, does the fix need to be applied to all sites, regardless – or should I let well enough alone “if it aint broke, don’t fix it”?

Much appreciated –

Dennis

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  Thanks for confirming that worked.

Each site may not have the exact same things (plugins) installed on them with the same settings (plugin settings) and have the exact same htaccess code, but if they are using the exact same htaccess code then you can use the new Custom Code Export|Import feature to export and import Custom Code from one site to another site.  Example:  SiteA is a root WordPress installation, has W3TC installed, has All in one security installed, has the pg monitor plugin installed.  SiteB is also a root WordPress installation and has all the same plugins installed and all the same plugin settings (htaccess code is created from those plugin settings) as SiteA. You can export the Custom Code from SiteA and import it to SiteB because everything is the same/identical.  You can also export Custom Code, save the cc-master.zip export file on your computer, unzip it, edit the cc-master.txt file to customize it for another site, save your changes, rezip it and then import the new cc-master.zip file to another site.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.