HTTP Error 500 When Adjusting BPS Pro Settings on Multisite

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro HTTP Error 500 When Adjusting BPS Pro Settings on Multisite

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Living Miracles
    Participant

Hello,

I noticed something interesting in the backend of BPS Pro on our only WP multisite. It seems like after trying to change any setting in “Display & Alert Options”, the setting does save properly, but the entire BPS Pro UI disappears and I get an error message which states, “This page isn’t working. domain.tld is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500” The page redirects to domain.tld/wp-admin/options.php when I get the error. The setting is saved properly in “Display & Alert Options” but the error screen always shows up and I need to manually navigate back to the page to confirm that the change did in fact take place.

After troubleshooting a bit, I notice this issue does not occur at all when the “Dynamic Caching” option within the SG Optimizer plugin is disabled. So there’s something going on in the interaction between these two plugins.

I also took a look at what was affected while the plugin was enabled. It seems like:

• I get the error message when attempting to save any of the options in Display & Alert Options and Login Security Options, but can save the option successfully.

• Quarantine still works but I cannot Reset Last Modified time in DB. (I get the error and the DB does not update)

• MScan, JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker, and the Custom Code functionality works well

I didn’t end up testing much else, as I just wanted a representative sample of what was being affected. Do you have any idea what might be the cause of the issue, and is there anything you would be able to do on your end to resolve it?

Any help is much appreciated!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The SG Optimizer plugin must be caching your wp-admin backend area, which is not good.  You only need to cache the frontend of a website.  When you cache the backend of website it caches plugin Option Setting Forms.  That is why they are not working correctly.  Can’t think of a single reason why you would ever want the wp-admin backend area of a website cached.  Maybe there is a Option Setting to turn off wp-admin backend caching in the SG Optimizer plugin.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.