ARQ Cron Automatically Turns itself On

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro ARQ Cron Automatically Turns itself On

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gary M. Gordon
    Participant

I’m noticing that the ARQ Cron sometimes switches to On, after I’ve already set it to Off. I’m not sure if it could be something I’m doing.  But when I install BPS Pro, I always turn the ARQ Cron to OFF under AutoRestore.  (Simply because I tend not to use this feature – on most sites, but I do on a select few.) My issue is, I often notice, on many of my sites, that even though I’ve set the ARQ Cron to OFF (and I’m sure I have since it always says “AutoRestore/Quarantine Cron is Turned Off and Scheduled Cron Jobs Have Been Removed.”). But I’ll notice that the websites are using up more storage space than I have allowed and when I look, I’ll see that the ARQ Cron is back to “On” and the “AutoRestore/Quarantine Controls & Backup Status” area is showing backed up files.  So I then have to manually delete them on each site using the “Delete Backup Files” button.

My question is .. is there any way that I can “permanently” set a site to have the ARQ Cron OFF .. so I don’t have to worry about it, even when BPS Pro updates to newer versions, etc. It’s just a nuisance and causes problems with my “backups” when the file size of my backups gets too large (due to the extra files that are being backed up by the ARQ system. What can I do?  And do you know why this is happening? And .. is there anything I can do to permanently set each site to NOT allow the ARQ Cron to switch to On.  I want to be able to make sure it is OFF .. and not have to worry about it coming back On. What do you recommend and do you know why it’s happening?

Gary

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I assume that a WordPress automatic update has occurred or a plugin or theme installation has occurred.  ARQ is designed to automatically backup files and turn itself back On.  See the link below.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#automation

If you would like to permanently turn Off ARQ and not allow any ARQ Automation then you can choose to use the AutoRestore >>> ARQ Cron Override On or Off: Default Setting is Off option and set it to:  Turn On ARQ Cron Override.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Regarding doing website backups.  All backup plugins allow you to exclude folders/files from being backed up.  There is no need to backup the /bps-backup folder (and a lot of other website folders and files as well) so you would just exclude the /bps-backup folder from being backed up.

Personally this is what we do with our website backups.  We regularly backup the WordPress database since that is where all your content/work/Posts/Pages/Comments/Links/User Accounts are stored.  We do not do any file backups since files can be easily replaced with new files, such as WordPress Core folders and files:  wp-admin, wp-includes, wp-content.  We do not store any database backups on the website.  Database backups are immediately downloaded and deleted from the website.

Gary M. Gordon
    Participant

Thanks.  Got ya.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.