ini_set Options, Security Modes, bps backup Folder Permissions questions

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro ini_set Options, Security Modes, bps backup Folder Permissions questions

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Questions:

Re: ini_set Options. Yes i’ve gone to two buttons ( why two buttons for ini_set Options?)in the same strange function : on B-Core Activate Security Modes are always displaying after activation … but checkbox is not activated : This is confusing !OK label would be welcome 😉

i’ve send the questions to 1and1 support > i’nm now waiting for 1and1 technical support answer

Questions : why bps backup have chmod 755 ?

Answers:

Question 1:  The ini_set Options setup needs to have 2 separate buttons/Forms because of the way the WordPress Settings API works.  You can only perform Form actions using the WordPress Settings API that call the WordPress options.php file to process the Form processing Coding. You cannot do additional Form processing actions such as writing to a file as well as saving to your WordPress Database – this is just the way the WordPress Settings API is designed so unfortunately these two buttons need to be created since 2 separate Forms are needed to create your ini_set coding in your wp-config.php file and also save your ini_set DB options permanently.

The first button 1.  Save Options is the submit button for a Form that is using the WordPress Settings API to save data to your WordPress database.

The second button 2.  Enable Options is taking the saved WordPress Database options that you saved by clicking button 1 and writing these saved settings to your wp-config.php file.

Question 2:  Yes, i have thought about and will probably add a Green Status indicator that says “Activated”.  If you go to the B-Core >>> Security Status page you will see the activated status/security status of your .htaccess files, but i agree that a Green Activated Status indicator should be added to the Security Modes page as well.

Regarding php.ini questions sent to 1and1 support:  1and1 is a Web Host that is already listed in the AITpro Web Host List.  We have documented Shared Hosting custom php.ini setup steps here for 1and1 custom php.ini file setup >>> http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/2853/bulletproof-security-pro/php-ini-general-and-host-specific-php-ini-information-for-bps-pro/#oneandone.  If you have VPS or Dedicated Hosting with 1and1 then you would follow the VPS and Dedicated Hosting custom php.ini setup steps here >>> http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/2853/bulletproof-security-pro/php-ini-general-and-host-specific-php-ini-information-for-bps-pro/#vps-dedicated-hosting-phpini-help

Question 3:  The /bps-backup folder has 755 permissions because the /bps-backup folder is protected with a Deny All .htaccess file.  No one can view the /bps-backup folder except for you so there is no need to change the folder permissions to anything else/more secure because the folder is completely locked down already with .htaccess file protection.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.