Installing BackWpUp with BPS Pro

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Installing BackWpUp with BPS Pro

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Young Master
    Participant

Hello. Will you please assist me on how to install BackWpup wordpress plugin so that it can work without any problems in site with BPS Pro installed. Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

There are no issues between BPS Pro and BackWPup.  Just install it like you would any other plugin.  I recommend that you use the /bps-backup folder to store your BackWPup backups.  Create a new folder called /website-backups inside of the /bps-backup folder – /bps-backup/website-backups.  Save your BackWPup backups to this new folder that you create.  This way you will not have to create an AutoRestore Exclude rule to exclude your BackWPup backups folder from being checked by AutoRestore.

The extra benefit of doing this is that the /bps-backup folder is already protected with a Deny All .htaccess file, which means no one, but you can access the /bps-backup folder.

Young Master
    Participant

Thank you very much…the autorestore exclude rule info is what I was looking for. In your opinion do you think BackWPup is the best plugin for backups, repair database and database optimization?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I think BackWPup is an excellent backup plugin.  In order to be diplomatic to other plugin creators I will refrain from giving my opinion about whether or not it is the best backup plugin.

Young Master
    Participant

Thank you very much for taking your time help me. I really Appreciate it.

Young Master
    Participant

I have successfully installed BackWPup plugin on my site and it works just fine. I have changed the directory path for backups and logs to the way you recommended above but I cannot change the path to for the temp folder which by default is located in uploads folder. Can you help me with that please.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What temp folder?  Does BackWPup create a temp folder in the uploads folder?  Please explain with exact specific details exactly what you are talking about.

Young Master
    Participant

Yes BackWPup creates a temp folder in the uploads folder. If you have BackWPup installed you may check the temp folder path by click on BackWPup then go to Settings the click on Information tab then look for Temp folder: there you will find a temp folder path.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Why do you want to or feel that you need to change the temp folder?  Is there a problem occurring?  Most backup and caching plugins designate a temp folder for files to be stored temporarily.  I do not see any logical reason why you would need to change that unless there is a problem occurring.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Why do you want to or feel that you need to change the temp folder?  Is there a problem occurring?  Most backup and caching plugins designate a temp folder for files to be stored temporarily.  I do not see any logical reason why you would need to change that unless there is a problem occurring.

Young Master
    Participant

Well I just thought maybe its better if I change it for security purpose. But if its safe for that folder to stay in uploads folder then its fine with me.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, actually since the uploads folder is protected by Uploads Anti-Exploit Guard then it is very safe.  Typically a temp folder is used temporarily to put files in a temporary location to make it easier to handle/process them all from one place instead of having to do iterations while archiving on the fly. 😉

Young Master
    Participant

Well thats great then. BPS Pro always rocks my world. Lol 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.