View and edit the wp-config.php and other files with BPS Pro

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro View and edit the wp-config.php and other files with BPS Pro

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gary M. Gordon
    Participant

Is it possible to access and edit the wp-config.php file from within BPS Pro?

When I go to WP Automatic Update, and check off the items I want and then click on Add/Remove WP Constants, it says in red:

The define(‘WPLANG’, ”); constant code was not found in your wp-config.php file.
    The WP Automatic Update tool uses the WPLANG constant code as a marker/placeholder for where to add the WP Automatic Update code in your wp-config.php file. You will need to manually add the WPLANG constant code in your wp-config.php file for this tool to work. Open the wp-config-sample.php file to get the WPLANG constant code to add in your wp-config.php file.

(Even if I click the Add/Remove WP Constants button again, it says the same thing.)

I tried unlocking the wp-config.php file, and then clicking the Add/Remove WP Constants button, but I still get this message in red.

Also under “Turn On|Off WordPress Automatic Updates”  it says:

Check to Add a Constant to your wp-config.php file. Uncheck to Remove a Constant from your wp-config.php file.

I’m just asking if there’s a way for me to add this constant into wp-config.php (from within BPS Pro) or will I always have to add the constant by updating the wp-config.php file manually (meaning, via FTP or from within cPanel).

Please let me know.

Gary

PS:  If this was answered in the forum (by someone else’s question), please just provide the link to where this is answered. Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can edit files using the BPS Pro P-Security > File Manager and File Editor tools.  Note:  If AutoRestore|Quarantined is turned On then after you save your file edits the file will be autorestored and quarantined.  Use the Quarantine Restore File feature to restore the file from Quarantine.

Gary M. Gordon
    Participant

Hi.  Thanks.

It’s funny. I’ve been using BPS Pro for maybe 3 or 4 years now, and I just learned something new today. I didn’t realize I could do this.  I’m so happy I asked. Thanks for the tip. Very much appreciated (as your support is always outstanding)!

Gary

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

P-Security is the BPS Pro step child.  So it does not get much attention.  😉  At some point we would like to make the File Manager and File Editor tools into something more sophisticated.  Currently these tools are very basic, but functional and have not been worked on for several years.  They are a very low priority feature in BPS Pro.  So someday when we have spare time, we will make these tools more sophisticated.

Joshua
    Participant

Hello, I looked for the:

‘WPLANG’, ”

In the sample config but it is not there. How do I find it to add to the wp-config.php file?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can use this code below and copy it into your wp-config.php file AFTER the “WordPress Database Table prefix” section of help text and code. Note: Only copy the “WordPress Localized Language” section of help text and code below. I added the “WordPress Database Table prefix” section of help text and code as a reference below.

/**
    * WordPress Database Table prefix.
    * You can have multiple installations in one database if you give each a unique
    * prefix. Only numbers, letters, and underscores please!
    */
    $table_prefix = 'wp_';

/**
    * WordPress Localized Language, defaults to English.
    * Change this to localize WordPress. A corresponding MO file for the chosen
    * language must be installed to wp-content/languages. For example, install
    * de.mo to wp-content/languages and set WPLANG to 'de' to enable German
    * language support.
    */
    define('WPLANG', '');
    Joshua
    Participant

Thank you for that!

I am trying to edit the file editor tools and getting this error:

Error: The /home/lifegstore/public_html/wp-config.php file is NOT writable.
    Your editing changes to this file will NOT be saved. Check the file permissions and path for this file. Also check the Owner of this file.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If the file path is correct then you probably just need to unlock the wp-config.php file using the BPS Pro > F-Lock > File Lock > Lock|Unlock wp-config.php File option setting and choose > CGI|Unlock wp-config.php file.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.