Issues Deleting WP Super Cache Plugin

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Issues Deleting WP Super Cache Plugin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chuckz
    Participant

I had installed WP Super Cache plugin and free version of BPS.  There were compatibility issues — I deactivated WP Cache, but did not delete it.  I just upgraded to the pro version of BPS — everything seemed to go smoothly.  Now, I wish to delete the WP Cache plugin, but I cannot get rid of it!  I get the message below, but when I delete the lines in the wp-config.php by FTP, they keep coming back.  I turned off the AutoRestore feature, tried creating new htaccess files, and nothing seems to work.

How do I delete this plugin??  Thank you!!!!

———–

Could not remove WP_CACHE define from /public_html/files/wp-config.php. Please edit that file and remove the line containing the text ‘WP_CACHE’. Then refresh this page.

———-

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Assuming that AutoRestore is currently still turned off.   Use FTP and unlock the wp-config.php file by changing the file permissions from 400 file permissions to 644 file permissions. Then edit it and either comment out the WP Super Cache code or delete it. At this point let me know if things are working or not.  Additional steps may need to be done.

chuckz
    Participant

It worked!!  I was able to delete the WP Cache plugin!!  I did get the BPS message below.  Should I reactivate the AutoRestore, now??

BPS Pro Alert! An htaccess file was NOT found in your wp-admin folder. Check the BPS Pro Security Status page for more specific information

Thank you for your help!!!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Before turning on AutoRestore, click the Root Files Backup Files button to backup your edited wp-config.php file, then turn AutoRestore back on.  Then double check that there is not any WP Super Cache .htaccess code in any of the BPS Custom Code text boxes.  If there is then delete it and then do the standard Custom Code steps – click the Save Root Custom Code button, go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

chuckz
    Participant

Completed steps, there was no WP Cache code in the htaccess custom code boxes — seemed to work perfectly!  BPS  quarantined the wp-admin/.htaccess file, but I restored it — hope that’s okay.

Everything seems to be running well now!!  I’ll be using your speed boost cache code, which works GREAT on a couple other sites.

Thank you SO MUCH for your help!!!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  Thanks for confirming everything is good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.