Issues with WordPress Rest API and header rewrite problem

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Issues with WordPress Rest API and header rewrite problem

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Langston
    Participant

Dear Bulletproof,
    I have a site that has started to struggle with performance and I am getting a couple of errors.
    If you could point me in the right direction, that would be awesome!
    First issue – REST API:

An unexpected network error has occurred! One or more WordPress plugins tried to call the WordPress REST API, which failed. Most likely a security plugin (BulletProof Security Pro), a web server configuration or active ad-blocker extension installed on your browser disabled the REST API. Please make sure that the following REST API namespaces are reachable to use your plugin without problems:

• real-media-library/v1
    • real-physical-media/v1

What is the WordPress REST API and how to enable it? Learn more.

In the text box below you will find a technical listing of the last 10 failed network requests:

[13:52:02] [GET] [2ms] /wp-json/real-physical-media/v1/plugin; undefined
    [13:52:01] [GET] [2ms] /wp-json/real-physical-media/v1/queue; undefined
    [13:51:41] [GET] [2ms] /wp-json/real-physical-media/v1/plugin; undefined
    [13:51:40] [GET] [2ms] /wp-json/real-physical-media/v1/queue; undefined
    [13:51:21] [GET] [1ms] /wp-json/real-physical-media/v1/plugin; undefined
    [13:51:21] [GET] [2ms] /wp-json/real-media-library/v1/plugin; undefined

Is there any way I can enable access to the REST API for these requests via BPS Pro?

They were working OK before, but suddenly this issue has occurred.

2nd Issue – PHP Errors:

I tried to reset all cron jobs via Tools, but this didn’t have any effect. Here is the error which keeps repeating:

[BPS Pro htaccess Protected Secure PHP Error Log]

[21-Dec-2022 13:45:46 UTC] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information – headers already sent in /home/flowgoyoyo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/litespeed-cache/src/vary.cls.php on line 735
    [21-Dec-2022 13:46:55 UTC] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information – headers already sent in /home/flowgoyoyo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/litespeed-cache/src/vary.cls.php on line 735
    [21-Dec-2022 13:48:45 UTC] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information – headers already sent in /home/flowgoyoyo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/litespeed-cache/src/vary.cls.php on line 735
    [21-Dec-2022 13:50:28 UTC] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information – headers already sent in /home/flowgoyoyo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/litespeed-cache/src/vary.cls.php on line 735
    [21-Dec-2022 13:51:26 UTC] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information – headers already sent in /home/flowgoyoyo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/litespeed-cache/src/vary.cls.php on line 735
    [21-Dec-2022 13:52:06 UTC] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information – headers already sent in /home/flowgoyoyo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/litespeed-cache/src/vary.cls.php on line 735
    [21-Dec-2022 13:53:27 UTC] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information – headers already sent in /home/flowgoyoyo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/litespeed-cache/src/vary.cls.php on line 735

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Best wishes,

Lanx

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS does not block the WP REST API by default, but if you have added this Bonus Custom Code then it will block the WP REST API > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/wp-rest-api-block-json-requests-to-users-comments-routes/ If you are using the Bonus Custom Code then delete that code saved in BPS Root Custom Code and activate Root folder BulletProof Mode again.

I would try clearing (purging) all plugin cache first. It is possible that the issue in the LiteSpeed Cache plugin below is also causing the slowness and REST API issues.

The LiteSpeed Cache plugin php error is a known issue.  See this LiteSpeed Cache plugin forum topic > https://wordpress.org/support/topic/warning-cannot-modify-header-information-headers-already-sent-33/

Some people have said that Disabling Guest Mode in LiteSpeed Cache fixes the php error > https://blog.litespeedtech.com/2021/06/01/guest-mode-for-wordpress-in-lscwp-v4-0/

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Some people have said that Disabling Guest Mode in LiteSpeed Cache fixes the php error > https://blog.litespeedtech.com/2021/06/01/guest-mode-for-wordpress-in-lscwp-v4-0/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.