Japanese Keyword Hack

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Japanese Keyword Hack

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gerard
    Participant

My site was hacked prior to installing Bulletproof Security.  I cleaned it up with another plugin first, then learned about Bulletproof and installed it. My host also cleaned up things on their end.

I’ve noticed the number of pages indexed in Google search console is increasing by thousands over the last 7-10 days. Could this be a residual effect?

Note: when I search site:mysite.com, the results still shows spam pages but the number has decreased dramatically.

Gerard
    Participant

I’m a little confused.  I wasn’t wondering if something was blocked from a plugin.

I’m trying to figure out why the number of indexed/not indexed pages is increasing and I’ve only added maybe one blog post.

Is it an issue of me not being patient or do I still have malware somewhere that I should be concerned about? I’m more inclined to believe it’s on the server side if there is a problem.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You have to remove the indexed Japanese SEO spam links in the Google Search Console using the Removals tool > https://search.google.com/search-console/.  They could be leftover from the original hack or maybe you did not find all the hackers files and code?  Use the steps in this website hack cleanup help forum topic to make sure you did not miss anything > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/wordpress-hacked-wordpress-hack-cleanup-wordpress-hack-repair/

Also check your Google Search Console for any accounts that you did not create and delete it.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you would like for me to check your website/hosting account then send a WordPress Administrator login to your site and a web host account login to: info@ait-pro.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.