javascript scripts fails to load for some website

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro javascript scripts fails to load for some website

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    DJ
    Participant

Hi. I upgraded to the Pro version earlier this week. Other than running the installation checks and wizard, I didn’t tweak anything. After the upgrade, some Javascript wouldn’t load for some users. Problematic for me was that it didn’t happen on any platform for *me*, so I didn’t become aware of the issue until two days later and couldn’t troubleshoot it easily (not even knowing that BPS might have been the culprit).

I tried to reproduce the problem across three OSs and a range of browsers, logged in and out, cache cleared, etc. In no case could I see the issue. However, four site visitors sent screenshots of the issue. Eventually I could get someone to look at their browser web console, which is how I saw that some scripts were failing to load. A number of scripts (WP plugins) seemed to be affected, based on the console, but only one actually clearly failed (based on the screenshots).

The WordPress plugin that I am certain was affected was Shortcodes Ultimate, and most clearly the Spoiler and Tabs shortcodes thereof.

I’m running WP 5.9. Tonight I went through full deactivation of all plugins and gradual reactivation with an affected site user in another location confirming after each step whether there was any change. This revealed BPS Pro as the problem / catalyst. I removed it and reinstalled the Free version and the issue has not returned.

Before I take any further steps (because I can’t reproduce the issue directly on any of my devices), do you have any idea as to what I should try to check/control for when again trying to upgrade to BPS Pro?

It might not be relevant, but I also have fairly persistent errors of this sort since installing BPS Pro [PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bpsPro_AP_Check() (previously declared in /wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php:43]. I’ve seen the various discussions on the forums, but have not yet found a relevant solution in my case.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The javascript problem sounds like the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall was not creating js whitelist rules for frontloading plugins for some reason.  The Cannot redeclare bpsPro_AP_Check() php error is always caused by another plugin that is installed.  For future reference you do not need to uninstall BPS Pro to do troubleshooting.  BPS Pro has built-in troubleshooting steps > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

Send a WordPress Administrator login to this site. So I can fix these issues/problems. Send the email to: info at ait-pro dot com.

Calvin Jones
    Participant

Having a weird issue on one site running BPS Pro (https://irelandswildlife.com) — started happening a while back, thought I’d sorted it, but its back again. Basically issues with loading javascript in both WP Admin and the front end — lots of 403 errors in Console view on Chrome Dev tools.

In the back end it’s breaking things like drag and drop rearranging WooCommerce payment options, Google Site Kit stops working on the back end (although I think the integration with back end Google services/tracking codes keep working), LS Cache JS isn’t loading properly, tabs in BPS Pro, LS Cache, etc. on the admin system stop working (all options display as one long page).

On the front end most things seem to work, but Credit Card payment form via Stripe or Square simply don’t work.

Site was originally on shared hosting, but outgrew that and is now running on a VPS running Cyberpanel with Open Litespeed behind Cloudflare CDN.

Have been trying, on and off for weeks to get everything working again but about ready to throw in the towel. If I disable BPS and Litespeed Cache plugins everything seems to settle down and start working again — but I can’t for the life of me isolate the problem.

Any suggestions/guidance/help greatly appreciated.

Calvin Jones
    Participant

Deactivating BPS, Litespeed Cache and Cloudflare on the site seemed to resolve all JS issues. Then re-enabled Litespeed Cache and Cloudflare and everything still working.

Waited a while and re-activated BPS Pro, ran the setup wizards and, fingers crossed, things seem to be working, for now at least.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This sounds like a BPS Pro Plugin Firewall problem.  Is Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode turned On?  For troubleshooting turn the Plugin Firewall Off and check for errors using GC Dev tools.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Was posting a reply at the same time that you replied.  Try adding the Cloudflare IP address whitelisting code here > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/cloudflare-login-security-and-plugin-firewall-not-working/

This is automated in BPS Pro 16.5.

Procedural Update: Plugin Firewall: Cloudflare IP address and domain whitelisting is now done automatically by the Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode cron, when using the manual Plugin Firewall Form tools and when running the Setup Wizard.

Calvin Jones
    Participant

Broken again… all the same JS errors. Running BPS Pro 16.4 — is 16.5 available?

Plugin Firewall Autopilot Mode is on. Added the Cloudflare IPs to the whitelist hostnames option, but doesn’t seem to make any difference. Have an admin login set up if you think taking a look might help — just need to know where to send it — sorry to be a pest but I’ve been trying to get to the bottom of it myself with no joy for weeks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, send me a login at this point > info at ait-pro dot com.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

And yeah please don’t feel like you need to handle this crap on your own. I actually look forward to taking care of any issues or problems these days. Yeah didn’t feel that way 8-10 years ago. 😉

Calvin Jones
    Participant

Thanks… just seeing this now — will email you the login… cheers.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Logged into your site and it looks like a typical left over stored cache issue. Sent you an email directly about this and posting this here as a general reference. Let me know if purging Clouflare cache resets/fixes the BPS Pro Plugin Firewall problem.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.