JTC Anti-Spam: captcha not showing up

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro JTC Anti-Spam: captcha not showing up

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jan
    Participant

I have a tooltip defined (“Enter this above:”) but CAPTCHA text is not showing up. I have captcha defined (duh); logging turned ON; enabled for everything except Login Form; comments for all except Admins. When i try it out on the lost pswd form, the captcha text does not show up. I have not tried to see if it works. I enabled it for Login briefly and it did not show up there either.

http://www.okamuraconsulting.com/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You have not entered the Hint or CAPTCHA in the ToolTip message to visitors.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/jtc-anti-spam-read-me-first/

This help information can be found in the Blue Read Me help button on the JTC Anti-Spam / Anti-Hacker page

JTC CAPTCHA: 
    This is the CAPTCHA that users will enter to Register, Login or post Comments on your website. You can use any numbers or characters and spaces in the CAPTCHA. You can even use HTML code characters except for these HTML code characters: < > ‘ ” &. You can use a phrase for the CAPTCHA or it can be a single word or you can use your own original combination of words, numbers and HTML characters.

NOTE: It is recommended that you make your CAPTCHA user friendly, simple, clear and easy to understand for your users.

Example CAPTCHA’s: 
    B4today, Jack and Jill, $$$Money$$$, (-)^(-), ***Your Website Name***, Xfactor, spam free zone, spammers suck, etc.

Examples of CAPTCHA’s that you should not use: 
    A mathematical number or a common word in the dictionary. Spambots are designed to try numbers and common words in a dictionary. You could of course use a common word in the dictionary and add a number to it – blue88, which would make this a very random CAPTCHA, but still very user friendly.

JTC ToolTip: 
    This is the jQuery ToolTip message that is displayed to users when they hover or click on the CAPTCHA text box. This is where you will tell your users what they need to enter for the CAPTCHA. It can be a phrase, complete this sentence, a Hint or simply just Type/Enter: xxxxx or you can get as creative as you want to get with your jQuery ToolTip. Randomness is what makes a CAPTCHA very effective. JTC Anti-Spam is designed with CAPTCHA randomness capability as one of its primary features.

jan
    Participant

all the field have something in them:

JTC CAPTCHA:
    JTC ToolTip:
    JTC Title/Text:

JTC Logging:

Enable/Disable JTC Anti-Spam For These Forms:
    Check to Enable. Uncheck to Disable.

Login Form
    Register Form
    Lost Password Form
    Comment Form
    BuddyPress Register Form
    BuddyPress Sidebar Login Form

Comment Form: (only applies if Comment Form CAPTCHA is enabled/checked)
    Enable/Disable JTC Anti-Spam For These Registered/Logged In User Roles:
    Check to Enable. Uncheck to Disable.

Administrator
    Editor
    Author
    Contributor
    Subscriber

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This is what is missing.  You have not told your visitors what to enter.

Enter this above:  okamura

JTC CAPTCHA:  is the CAPTCHA value that needs to entered.
    JTC ToolTip:  is the ToolTip that is displayed to visitors.

Bill Justesen
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve entered the text for the JTC CAPTCHA, but it is still missing  when I hover at the login screen. You can go to [url removed for privacy] to verify. I’ve saved it several times but still can’t get it to show up. Something is missing/incorrect but I can’t put my finger on it.

{URL removed}

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Bill – this is a duplicate topic and has been merged into this relevant topic.  See above for what needs to be done.

Bill Justesen
    Participant

If you looked at the attached image I had, all of those fields were completed but the CAPTCHA is still missing on the site.

{URL Removed}

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You did not enter anything for the Hover Tooltip.  Type/Enter:  funbooks

Bill Justesen
    Participant

Grr…

Can’t believe I missed such a simple instruction. Feeling a bit retarded right now. LOL

Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I see that you re-enabled the link to the png.  This is fine to do as long as you will never be deleting the captcha.png file from your website, otherwise we end up with a dead link on this site, which impacts our SERPS negatively.  If you plan on removing the captcha.png file from your website then please remove the link to that image file.  The other link pointing to the /wp-admin login page was removed for obvious reasons.  You do not want spambots and hackerbots following that link to your login page.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yeah its always the simple stuff that gets ya.  ha ha ha.  We thought about auto-populating that field, but that led to other problems and confusion so we trashed that idea.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.