JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker – captcha is not displayed when email and name are not required

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker – captcha is not displayed when email and name are not required

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Darko
    Participant

Hello,

JTC in native WordPress comment form works only when in Admin > Settings > Discussion are checked “Comment author must fill out name and e-mail”.  When you uncheck this field – there is no JTC field in comments section.

Details:
    BPS: 10.3
    WP: 4.2.2
    Theme: Striking MultiFlex & Ecommerce Responsive WordPress Theme.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes.  That is the correct functionality for JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker.  It would of course be possible to change that functionality, but the logic is that if someone is not requiring users to register and login on their website to Post Comments then they are probably not really that concerned about Spam Comments.  Requiring users to register and login to a website to Post Comments is a standard WordPress deterrent against Spam Comments.  We will give this another look over and see if that rationale has changed since the original JTC functionality was created.

Comment Form: (only applies if Comment Form CAPTCHA is enabled/checked)
    Enable|Disable JTC Anti-Spam For These Registered/Logged In User Roles:

Users must be logged into your website for the Comment Form User Roles to work. If you do not require that users are registered and logged in to post comments on your website then these JTC Anti-Spam options will not have any effect. These options are ONLY for registered and logged in users and ONLY for your Comment Form if you are using this WordPress Discussion setting: Users must be registered and logged in to comment.

Checking a User Role checkbox will display a CAPTCHA to all users with that User Role on your website’s Comment Form. Unchecking a User Role checkbox will remove the CAPTCHA from displaying to users with that User Role on your website’s Comment Form.

Darko
    Participant

Hm, well OK, but this would be nice feature on BPS side. I want to make commenting as simple as possible so noone are not forced to register or put required Name&Email because of commenting – and for spam I will find solution, maybe Aksimet&JTC or something like that.

Please, consider activating this option independently from WordPress setup.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok give that a try, but if your site gets hammered by bots then you cannot say I didn’t warn you about not doing something like that.  😉  My official warning:  It is highly recommended that you do not allow unregistered users to be able to Post Comments.  🙂

A JTC Widget is on the To Do Task list, which would be an independent CAPTCHA Form field that could be added to Forms.  Whether or not that would apply to any/all Forms like a standard WordPress Comment Form I am not 100% sure about that.  There is not enough info in that Task item to be able to tell exactly what its full capability is.  I added a note with a link to this Forum Topic in that Task item.  So someone will look at this Topic.  I cannot give out any time frame info about Task items since there is no official time frame for them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.