JTC – lost password form

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro JTC – lost password form

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jan
    Participant

Hello support,

On a WooCommerce website I have the JTC option activated for the lost password form.

When somebody wants to reset their password it generates an error as the captcha is not displayed on the password reset page.

Do I have to enable JTC for WooCommerce to resolve this issue?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, you would need to check the JTC for WooCommerce checkbox in order for the CAPTCHA to display or uncheck the JTC Lost Password Form checkbox if you do not want the JTC CAPTCHA on the WooCommerce custom Lost Password page/Form.

The Standard WP Lost Password page/Form
    wp-login.php?action=lostpassword

WooCommerce custom Lost Password page/Form
    index.php/my-account/lost-password/

Note: Technically the WooCommerce custom Lost Password page/Form should work the same as the custom WooCommerce Login and Register Forms with JTC option settings.  WooCommerce changed something with their custom Lost Password Form at some point and I just have not gotten around to changing the BPS JTC code.  Since this is a minor issue then the simplest solution is just to disable the JTC CAPTCHA on the Lost Password Form.

Jan
    Participant

Thank you for your clarification.

As you mentioned it is a minor issue and I have deactivated it.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The JTC code has been changed for this WooComerce custom Lost Password Form scenario.  The standard WP Lost Password Form will work normally if the JTC Lost Password Form checkbox is checked, but will not do any Form validation unless the Enable JTC for WooCommerce checkbox is checked.

Fantou
    Participant

Hello

I’m posting here my worry because it looks like a little bit similar. Here is the situation :

On a WooCommerce site with Blocksy theme : on the login/register/recovery password forms, when I set these forms on a modal window mode, the JTC text to enter does not appear. There are the case and the explication text but when I hover it, nothing appear. So visitors can’t know what to enter.

If I set these forms on a classical page (not modal) it’s ok.

Is this an incompatibility with the modal option? Or is there something I’ve set wrong?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Fantou – Uncheck this checkbox on the JTC page > Enable JTC for WooCommerce and save your changes. Unfortunately, you will not be able to use JTC for WooCommerce forms since something you have installed is overriding the JTC jQuery code.

Fantou
    Participant

Hi,

Ok thanks for the explanation. I will try to find who is the cuplrit of this overriding! :p

Edit : ok so it was the theme. 🙂 They’ve noted this and possibly they will add a fix in a future release.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.