Site crashed when installing BPS Pro

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Site crashed when installing BPS Pro

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RT
    Participant

I just installed BPS Pro and the site crashed. I can’t uninstall it and nothing is working! Please provide some options ASAP!  I get a “server” error when I go to any links. What will happen if I simply delete the plug in using my cPanel? By links…I mean any location in the control panel

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and delete the root htaccess file.  Let me know if your site is back up after deleting the root htaccess file.  I can either login to find out what caused the problem or work with you in this forum topic to figure out the cause of the crash.  Did the site crash when running the Setup Wizard?  If so, is this a VPS, Dedicated or Shared hosting account?

RT
    Participant

The site crashed during the BPS set-up. I deleted the htaccess file and the site is still down. Anything else I should try? I can’t access the WP admin pages. If you’re willing to login to the cPanel, I’ll be happy to give you access.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I need to know these things since they are very important:  Did the site crash when running the Setup Wizard?  If so, is this a VPS, Dedicated or Shared hosting account?  I suspect that you have a VPS or Dedicated server and need to reboot the server.  If so, then the next step would be to go to the Setup Wizard and Turn off the cURL scan option: cURL Scan Option: Turn On|Off cURL Scan and run the Setup Wizard again.  Or yep, send me a cPanel login.

RT
    Participant

I’m on the line with the host company. If they can’t solve the issue. I’ll shoot you the cPanel info.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok, but there is going to be a huge learning curve if you go that route.  I already know all the possible causes so by the time you get them up to speed I could have already solved whatever the problem is.  Did the site crash when running the Setup Wizard?  If so, is this a VPS, Dedicated or Shared hosting account?

RT
    Participant

Host company bailed me out and the site is live again. I’m going to test BPS Security on some test sites. Hopefully I can figure out what went wrong before I use it on a live site again.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok let me know if you need any help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.