.ftpquota file quarantined

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro .ftpquota file quarantined

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Hi there. On my site, I keep getting a file called .ftpquota that keeps ending up in the quarantine. Why is that happening?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The .ftpquota file is automatically created and updated dynamically by your server so you will need to create an AutoRestore exclude rule to tell AutoRestore not to check this file.

1. Go to AutoRestore and turn Off AutoRestore.
    2. Go to Quarantine and restore the .ftpquota file from Quarantine.
    3. Go to AutoRestore and click on the Add|Exclude Other Folders & Files tab page.
    4. Under the Exclude Folders & Files Tool > Select Folder or File Exclude Option > select Exclude an individual file.
    5. Add the file path (see Note below) to the .ftpquota file in the Enter an Exclude Folder or File Path text box.
    6. Click the Exclude button.
    7. Turn AutoRestore back On.

Note:  You can get the file path to the .ftpquota file from your Quarantine Log file.

AutoRestore/Quarantine Exclude Folders & Files Video Tutorial
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#autorestore-quarantine

netvisibilitygroup
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]

Is it possible to exclude non WordPress files from being quarantined? It doesn’t seem it is from the autorestore interface. Every day I get this file quarantined: /****/****/public_html/.ftpquota?
    Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

See the instructions above. If you run into a problem then you have have to manually copy the .ftpquota file to AutoRestore Backup.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/

Exception:  Handling Files With No File Extensions – If you have files that are not named with a file extension then in some cases these files will not be backed up using the Backup Files buttons (in most cases files without file extensions will be backed up by clicking the ARQ Backup Files buttons).  If these files are dynamically updated and are being quarantined on a regular basis and you want to exclude them from being checked by the ARQ Cron then you will need to manually copy the files to the relative autorestore backup folder path.  Example:  A Root file named “no-file-extension” would need to be manually copied to the relative backup folder path of /wp-content/bps-backup/autorestore/root-files/no-file-extension.  You can then use the Add / Exclude Static Files tool to exclude this file from being checked by ARQ.  See the example below for excluding an individual file from being checked by ARQ.

netvisibilitygroup
    Participant

BOOM! that worked – thanks 😉

armintz
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    a couple of my files keep going to quarantine. notably my header.php after i modify it, as well as a “.ftpquota” file:

/home/mainesea/public_html/.ftpquota
    /home/mainesea/public_html/wp-content/themes/u-design/header.php

what am I doing incorrectly in the below steps in order to fix this issue?
    1. Turn AutoRestore Off
    2. Reinstall WP (dashboard > updates > “re-install now” button)
    3. Turn AutoRestore Off again (it automatically turns on after WP install)
    4. Restore files from Quarantine
    5. Click the 4 backup buttons at bottom of Autorestore page
    6. Turn AutoRestore back On

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ armintz – See the steps here:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/keep-getting-file-in-quarantine/#post-26832 to exclude the .ftpquota file from being checked by AutoRestore.  See the AutoRestore|Quarantine Standard Procedural Steps when manually modifying files here:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#procedural-steps

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.