Manually move .tar files out of website root folder to backup folder

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Manually move .tar files out of website root folder to backup folder

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    armintz
    Participant

any idea why my sites seem to have large tar files in the autorestore folder? some of them are 700+mb
    here’s an example: https://s15.postimg.io/43g35xb4b/Screen_Shot_2016_09_17_at_11_42_26_AM.png
    my backup plugin (updraft) doesn’t like these 🙂
    thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You do not want to have AutoRestore check .tar files at all. So what happened is the .tar file was dumped into your website root folder instead of where it should be – in a backup folder. It is a very bad idea to dump backup files randomly in your website root folder. So first you want to change your backup plugin settings so that any/all backup files are saved to whichever backup folder your backup plugin uses.  Then do the steps below.

1. Turn Off AutoRestore
    2. Manually move the .tar backup file out of your website root folder and put it where it should be – in a backup folder.
    3. Go to AutoRestore > click the Root Files > Delete Files button > click the Root Files > Backup Files button.
    4. Turn AutoRestore back On.

Note:  Make sure that you have an AutoRestore wp-content folder exclude rule for the updraft backup folder.  Re-running the Wizards will do that for you automatically.
    Note:  You do not want to have a backup plugin backup the /bps-backup/ folder.  So go to your backup plugin’s settings and exclude the /bps-backup/ folder from being backed up.

armintz
    Participant

thanks for the info. not sure how it happened, but i’ll make sure updraft has bps-backup folder excluded:

https://s21.postimg.org/ysu5o9nfr/exclude_bps_backup.png

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I think you only need to add an exclude rule for this setting:  Any other directories found inside wp-content > Exclude these:
    I am not sure what the top setting means.  It does not make sense to me.  So anyway you only need to exclude the bps-backup folder under the wp-content folder in the bottom updraft setting and can remove bps-backup from whatever the top setting means/is used for.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.