Loads of 403 GET or Other Request Error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Loads of 403 GET or Other Request Error

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    imxproducts
    Participant

Done,

Additionally see the wordfence scan log for the following
    This file may contain malicious executable code

Filename: wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/tools/tools.php
    File type: Not a core, theme or plugin file.
    Issue first detected: 11 mins ago.
    Severity:Critical
    Status
    New
    This file is a PHP executable file and contains an eval() function and base64() decoding function on the same line. This is a common technique used by hackers to hide and execute code. If you know about this file you can choose to ignore it to exclude it from future scans.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

See this Topic regarding the Wordfence false flag error for the tools.php file.
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/wordfence-scan-bps-tools-php/

imxproducts
    Participant

Regarding the Wordfence false flag error for the tools.php fi
    Thank you for the clarification.
    Awesome to see someone who actually supports his products.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I am unable to login.  Your CAPTCHA is displaying blank in the hover tooltip so I assume you are using the method of not displaying the CAPTCHA in the hover tooltip.  Please send me the CAPTCHA.  Thanks.

imxproducts
    Participant

You should have it now.  Sorry I am a Nimnal sometimes

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

UPDATE (more of a personal note in case I come across this again):

Noticed that there were a pool of IP addresses being used.
    10.xxx.xxx.49
    10.xxx.xxx.52
    10.xxx.xxx.53

Manually edited the Plugin Firewall .htaccess file and added: Allow from 10.xxx.xxx. to whitelist all IP addresses in this subnet range and: Allow from 184.106.55.86 to whitelist the website/Server IP. Additional options need to be added to the Plugin Firewall Whitelist Tools to save DB options permanently:  additional IP’s and domain names.
    ———————————————–
    The problem appears to be either a DNS or Proxy Server misconfiguration issue.  I can get the Plugin Firewall working for a second, but it breaks after a second or so due to whatever the issue/problem is on this particular site. A 10 network IP address is not valid on the Internet and is ONLY used / allowed / valid for Internal Networks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network

Your website/Server IP address is a 10 Private Network IP which is not valid
    Server / Website IP Address: 10.xxx.xxx.xx
    What is interesting to me are these things. Hosted by Rackspace, but the Name Server is a Go Daddy Name Server??? Maybe there is a DNS mistake going on??? Also are you using Go Daddy Website Accelerator?
    ignitespayment.com Is Hosted by RackSpace
    Hosting: RackSpace host the domain ignitespayment.com
    WHOIS: Click Here
    IP Address: 184.106.55.86
    Name Servers: ns64.domaincontrol.com, ns63.domaincontrol.com

silas88
    Participant

I am getting 403’s when I try to use BING Webmaster SEO Analyzer: http://www.bing.com/webmaster/diagnostics/seo/Analyzer
    The strange thing is it occasionally worked earlier today (at least on one of my pages), however now it’s not working at all (403’s instead). The error is not logged every time in the BPS log, even though I get a 403 notice on the Bing Analyzer page. The logged REQUEST_URI is always an image. (I tried commenting out the hotlinking code – no change). Here is an example from the log (edited for privacy)…

>>>>>>>>>>> 403 GET or Other Request Error Logged - 11 December 2013 - 17:06 <<<<<<<<<<<
    REMOTE_ADDR: 88......edited for privacy...
    Host Name: h88.....edited for privacy...
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP: 
    HTTP_FORWARDED: 
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR: 
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP: 
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER: http://www.bingsandbox.com/webmaster/diagnostics/seo/SeoRenderAnalyzedPage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mydomain.com%2F&wmkt=.....edited for privacy...
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-includes/images/rss.png
    QUERY_STRING: 
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I tested the Bing SEO Analyzer tool on this Forum Topic and the main URL for this Forum site.  It worked fine without any errors.

silas88
    Participant

OK, thanks. That info helps, it must be something in my custom code.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, most likely that is it.  This is becoming more common since adding all the new BPS Custom Code text boxes.  We will be adding a new step by step logical troubleshooting progression and one of the steps will be to…

Copy and paste all of your Custom Code into a Notepad or Notepad++ text doc on your computer and then delete custom code in the Custom Code text boxes, save your changes and activate BulletProof Mode again.  The problems with listing this as troubleshooting step are going to be things like:  if someone has php/php.ini handler code, if someone is using a caching plugin and added caching code, etc.  Most likely to be safe the troubleshooting step should primarily focus on this Custom Code text box only:  

silas88
    Participant

Well, that’s very strange, now it works for me also! ?!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ silas88 – The Bing Fairy must have been hovering around your website to mess with you.  LOL 🙂

silas88
    Participant

Well I don’t understand what’s going on at all! I was able to run the Bing SEO analyzer last night (my time) but this morning it doesn’t work.  Also, at the time when it worked last night there are 403 reports in the BPS log relating to images only (now that I think back there were no images in the Bing SEO view), but when it doesn’t work there is a notice on the Bing page but there are no reports in the BPS log! ???

Bing notice….”The request returned code: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden”
    BPS log

>>>>>>>>>>> 403 GET or Other Request Error Logged - 11 December 2013 - 23:30 <<<<<<<<<<<
    REMOTE_ADDR: ....XXXXXXXXX....
    Host Name: ....XXXXXXXXX....
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_REFERER: http://www.bingsandbox.com/webmaster/diagnostics/seo/SeoRenderAnalyzedPage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.....XXXXXXXXX....
    REQUEST_URI: //wp-content/uploads/XXXXX1608132314124.jpg
    QUERY_STRING:

>>>>>>>>>>> 403 GET or Other Request Error Logged - 11 December 2013 - 23:30 <<<<<<<<<<<
    REMOTE_ADDR: ....XXXXXXXXX....
    Host Name: ....XXXXXXXXX....
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_REFERER: http://www.bingsandbox.com/webmaster/diagnostics/seo/SeoRenderAnalyzedPage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww....XXXXXXXXX....
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-content/themes/xxxxxx/images/xxxxxxxxxx_1608131676324opt.svg
    QUERY_STRING:

I do have some custom code that is time related but that’s just for wp-login

<Files "wp-login.php">
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from mydomain.com xx.xx.xxx.xx env=allow
    # define access times - note these are in the servers' time zone
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} HTTP/1\.0 [OR]
    RewriteCond %{TIME_HOUR} >23 [OR]
    RewriteCond %{TIME_HOUR} <08
    RewriteRule ^wp-login\.php - [F]
    </Files>

My php.ini sets the time to my local time. I’ll spend time later to relook at this, but for the moment I am baffled. Regarding your comments re debugging custom code, I agree this is one of the biggest challenges. If there are problems with headers or caching then instead of removing the WP Super Cache code I force a rebuild of the cache. What might be useful for debugging is if the custom code could be saved and restored in sections (headers & caching, hotlinking code, plugin tweaks, etc), at the moment a back up of the whole htaccess is the only option. Also, if each custom code section could insert a notice or flag in the log to indicate which section initiated the 403 / 404 this would help with debugging. Otherwise I use the standard technique of removing half of the suspect code and test, then retest with the other half, and so on until I find the culprit section.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I retested again and chose a page with image files on it and did not see any errors so none of the standard BPS .htaccess code blocks the Bing Sandbox iframe.

I think the smartest thing would be to add a DB Export / Import option.  The Security log entry usually tells you what the problem is.  ie by looking at the log entry you can see why something was blocked.  In this particular case I do not see the cause of the error.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.