Locked admin account

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Locked admin account

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Goran
    Participant

Instaled yesterday BPS Pro on Centos 7, Litespeed Enterprise server, Redis… everything went ok, setup wizard, malware scan, I turned on login security and JTC CAPTCHA.
    But today I am trying to log in and I keep getting a message: ERROR: Incorrect CAPTCHA Entered.
    Do you have any idea how to unblock access?

https://budidobar.com/wp-login.php

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What I see for the entire JTC ToolTip is this: Upišite: budiOK. Is the JTC CAPTCHA text box setting: budiOK. When I tested your CAPTCHA it says the CAPTCHA is not valid (does not match what is in the JTC CAPTCHA text box).  Another possibility is GlotPress is translating your CAPTCHA to: beOK in English instead of budiOK in Croatian.

To fix the problem use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and rename the /plugins/bulletproof-security/ plugin folder to: /_bulletproof-security/. Login to your site, fix the JTC option settings and then rename the /_bulletproof-security/ plugin folder name back to: /bulletproof-security/.

Goran
    Participant

Uhh,  mystery solved. My mistake, there is a space between budi and OK, so the phrase is actually budi OK, not budiOK as I wrote in the hover message. 🙂

Checked in database:

a:22:{s:23:"bps_tooltip_captcha_key";s:7:"budi OK";s:30:"bps_tooltip_captcha_hover_text";s:16:"Upišite: budiOK";
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great! Glad you got it figured out.

Goran
    Participant

Purely informative, what is the reason for BPS to create mysql tables in latin1_swedish_ci collations instead of utf8mb4?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I’ve been meaning to look into why that is happening.  The BPS Pro DB table creation code does not specify any DB collation.  WordPress itself is supposed to choose the correct DB collation, but that does not always work automatically for some odd reason.  So I’m going to try to add this additional variable to force that to happen:  $wpdb_collate = $wpdb->collate;. On some hosts the BPS DB table creation collation works fine and on other hosts it does not work. It may have something to do with the existing DB collation?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Hmm maybe this is the problem > I see 2 different references for the correct dbDelta code to use for WPDB collation.  I’ll test both of them to see which is current and which is defunct.

$charset_collate = $wpdb->get_charset_collate();
    $wpdb_collate = $wpdb->collate;
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Test results:

Just using the WordPress dbDelta() function without adding additional WPDB collation variables.
    Using either WPDB collation variable: $charset_collate = $wpdb->get_charset_collate(); or $wpdb_collate = $wpdb->collate;

Same results for all test parameters:  DB Table collation is based on the existing DB Table collation.  BPS Pro and any other DB Tables will be automatically created using the existing DB Table collation.

Changing DB collation is very quick and easy to do > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/wordpress-database-error-illegal-mix-of-collations/#post-40652

Goran
    Participant

Great, thanks 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.