Login issues

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Login issues

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

I didn’t titled properly topic as it is about the fact that all my sites are 100% sure hacked.

INFRASTRUCTURE – Google Cloud Platform Plesk marketplace instance on LiteSpeed server.

On login screen, there is no more jtc field. Interesting part is that on login reset, I receive email from wordpress@mydomain.com (so, my domain is “my domain”).

As far as I can imagine that how hack is done trough Plesk, I’m quite confused that somehow BPS is disabled and didn’t reacted at all on hack.

As everything is still online (sites looks working), any idea how to check what is happening here? So, access is available trough Plesk, but not from WP sites itself. I obviously don’t go on recovery page from email and I will not reset pass.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

To not forget, as on same Plesk server is also Matomo and it is not hacked, it looks that somehow I was directly hacked trough WP and not trough Plesk (attacker will have also entrance on Matomo). So, here is serious question about BPS and how can be that I have hacked all (WP) sites.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Don’t assume your hosting account is hacked.  Send me an FTP login to your hosting account and I will check it tomorrow morning. Over the years there have been a few cases where a website/hosting account was hacked after BPS Pro was installed. In all of those cases the website owner did something directly to cause the hack. ie A nulled/hacked plugin was installed by the website owner, A hosting account password was given to an unscrupulous developer, Some BPS Pro security features were turned Off.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The website(s) were not hacked.  This problem was a technical problem.  Pending full details of the problem.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

You should to fix your email server as entire day I cannot to send you email (anymore), neither now.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

My email server is working fine.  It’s probably a problem with your email server.  I’ve sent and received over 250 emails today since 6am PST to now 4:45 PST.  😉  Maybe your mailbox is over quota?  Are the emails that you are sending to me bouncing back to you? Do you see any error messages? Describe exactly what happens when you try to send me an email.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

I have

“Cannot send mail error RE: BulletProof Security Forum – Login issues An error occurred while sending the message.”

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

hmm and there aren’t any email error code numbers between 500-599?  The problem definitely is not on my end then.  My mail server always sends email error code numbers if my mail server rejects/blocks/bounces emails.  Are you using Google Cloud mail servers or some other 3rd party mail hosting?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I just checked/tested your email address and did not see any problems.  Although just because your mailbox is valid there could still be a mail queue problem. Every once in a while my mail server’s email queue gets backlogged. Only happens maybe twice a year. Right now my mail server is sending and receiving emails at the normal rate.  Try sending a plain text email (not HTML) to: info at ait-pro dot com with test for the Subject line and “test” in the body/content of the email.

Email Checker Connection Process

Resolving host name “mx.yandex.net”…
    Connecting to host address “77.88.21.249”…

Connected.

Email Verifier Process

S 220 sas2-e0fef350373c.qloud-c.yandex.net (Want to use Yandex.Mail for your domain? Visit http://pdd.yandex.ru)
    C HELO ipaddresslocation.org
    S 250 sas2-e0fef350373c.qloud-c.yandex.net
    C MAIL FROM: <info@ipaddresslocation.org>
    S 250 2.1.0 <info@ipaddresslocation.org> ok
    C RCPT TO: <accounts@servicioexpreso.com>
    S 250 2.1.5 <accounts@servicioexpreso.com> recipient ok
    Verified address, not sending email.

The Result of Email Lookup Process

This host states that the address is valid.
    Disconnected.

accounts@servicioexpreso.com is
    a valid deliverable e-mail box address.
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Although just because your mailbox is valid there could still be a mail queue problem.  Every once in a while my mail server’s email queue gets backlogged.  Only happens maybe twice a year.  Right now my mail server is sending and receiving emails at the normal rate.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

As I now sent you new email, I guess how it should to explain you very obviously what is wrong with your email server settings.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

There is nothing wrong with my mail server.  I have now sent and received over 300 emails today and those emails are not delayed/backlogged.  Everything on my end is working normally and has been working normally all day long.  😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.