Login Security Emails are not being sent

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Login Security Emails are not being sent

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeff C
    Participant

I have the BPS free version, want to upgrade to Pro, but before I do I need to get this issue resolved. I have activated the Login Security feature. I set it to notify me whenever an administrator logs in. It does not work, I log in and don’t get an email. I am using the Gantry theme, v4.1.4, and I have heard it is incompatible with many other plugins. But, searching your forums for Gantry yields no result, so I’m assuming others are not having trouble. I have no other plugins or themes that affect login security of wp-login.php that I can see. Please advise, thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

First double check basic stuff like your email settings are actually correct (email address, etc.) and saved.  Next do standard WordPress troubleshooting steps:  deactivate all other plugins and temporarily switch your theme.  There is a known issue with plugins or themes that force sending emails via SMTP vs the normal WordPress native wp_mail() function functionality which uses PHP mail() to send emails. If something is forcing SMTP emails and your php.ini configuration is not setup for SMTP emails then those emails will never be sent.  This is the last thing you should check since it is more complex.  Another possibility is the emails are being sent, but they are being spammed/junked.  Check your Spam or Junk email folder.

Jeff C
    Participant

OK, thanks, I will give that a go. I did disable my contact form plugin (Simple Contact Form), and tried again, no luck. The form does say that it uses the native WP mail send capability, and it works. I will try other things as I get the time, thanks.

Jeff C
    Participant

OK, we figured it out. I did not have Logging Options set to Log All Account Logins, it was set to Log Only Account Lockouts. Guess I did not realize I can not get an email about something I am not logging. So, good to go, thanks. I will be upgrading to Pro shortly…..great plugin, thanks!

Jeff

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Hmm yeah you are correct that that needs to be made more clear.  Classic case of a developer blindspot.  😉  We will figure out the best place to add that info inpage on the Login Security page.

Jeff C
    Participant

Yes, was not obvious to me, and I’m guessing not obvious to others, especially those among us who are less technical.

Also, a related suggestion, if I may. The Login Security dropdown appearing on the Security Log page suggests you can manage which emails to get from there. True, if you have the Logging Options dropdown set correctly. But the latter does not appear on the Security Log page, so makes it even less obvious.

Thank you for your help, and a great plugin!

Jeff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.