MailChimp SignUp Spam Prevention

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro MailChimp SignUp Spam Prevention

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff
    Participant

I recently switched from Post Notif as a notification system for new blog posts to using WordPress RSS and MailChimp.  Much to my dismay, I am now getting spambots signing up for post notification.  I tried WPBruiser without any success (it wouldn’t even blacklist an IP address) and then wondered if there is anything I can do in BPS Pro that would help me with this issue.  I need to block spam bots from reading the signup form on my site.

Thanks!

Jeff

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

JTC Anti-Spam|Anti-Hacker blocks all automated spambot registrations and logins.  JTC is designed to work with the standard WP forms:  Registration, Login, etc.  Do you have a custom login form or registration form?  Either post a link to your signup page or send the link in an email to:  info at ait-pro dot com. So I can see/check your signup form.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Good news and bad news. The custom form appears to have a spambot trap, but it is obviously not working. So you need to contact MailChimp or whatever other plugin this is to ask them why the spambot trap is not working. Unfortunately, I don’t see anything that BPS can hook into for this custom sidebar form or any Bonus Custom Code that would be of any use for this type of custom sidebar form.  And my guess is that the spambot trap is not working because it looks like you are caching or using a CDN for your home page. Kind of a double whammy there because you should never to cache a Form for any reason, but you do obviously want to cache your website home page. 😉  Check with MailChimp or whatever other plugin this is and see if there is a way to exclude just the custom form from being cached.

<!-- real people should not fill this in and expect good things - do not remove this or risk form bot signups-->
    <div style="position: absolute; left: -5000px;" aria-hidden="true"><input type="text" name="b_f3a13f33378a894a0a7cec7a1_58b539bdf6" tabindex="-1" value=""></div>
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.