Maint. Mode Text – Slashes

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Maint. Mode Text – Slashes

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    JohnS168
    Participant

BPS 16.3.2 Pro

A little problem has creeped into the latest releases.

The maintenance mode text is not being stripped of slashes before creating bps-maintenance-values resulting in incorrect html.

e.g.

img class=\"alignnone wp-image-7363\" src="\http://xxxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/image.png\"
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I did do some sanitization stuff in MMode in BPS Pro 16.3.2, but I just checked this and slashes are still being stripped out of the MMode Editor.  Try these steps and let me know if this works or not.

Cut (not Copy) your HTML code out of the MMode Text Editor.
    Resave your MMode settings.  The Editor should be blank.
    Paste your HTML code to a text or code editor and remove the slashes.
    Copy your HTML code into the Text Editor and save your MMode settings.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok I see the problem now.  It is not in the MMode Editor itself.  It is in the bps-maintenance-values.php file.  Ugh.  I’ll fix this in a minute and upload a new BPS Pro 16.3.2 zip file, which you can install using the BPS Pro Setup menu > Upload Zip Install zip installer.

JohnS168
    Participant

No joy.   Same results.

The html is fine in the MMode editor.  It is when it is written to bps-maintenance-values.php.

I added stripslashes($MMoptions[‘bps_maint_text’]) to maintenance.php on line 460 to get around the issue.  You probably have a better solution but it was 11PM when my boss called so I got creative.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This problem has actually been going on for a while.  I checked a few versions back and the problem was happening in those versions too.  I’ll upload a new BPS Pro 16.3.2 zip in about 30 minutes.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok a new BPS Pro 16.3.2 zip file has been uploaded to the API server and the BPS Pro Secure Download area:  https://www.ait-pro.com/wp-admin/.  The Maintenance code is very outdated and ugly.  That is going to be cleaned up in BPS Pro 16.4.  It works, but yeah really ugly stuff.

JohnS168
    Participant

We have a winner.  Much appreciated.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually the problem did start occurring in BPS Pro 16.3.2 because I changed the double quotes to single quotes for the value of the $bps_maint_text variable in the bps-maintenance-values.php file.  Double quotes would process backslashes in the HTML and escape double quotes.  Single quotes on the other hand treat backslashes literally.

jenni101
    Participant

Just encountered a problem with accessing the Preview of Maintenance Mode. I can save the settings, but when I click ‘preview’ I get a 500 error for this file /wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/htaccess/bps-maintenance.php – it either shows as a totally blank white screen but with that url or with a 500 error code. And it does this for both the preview page that opens in a new tab AND it changes my admin MMode page to that same url too (so again blank or 500 error code showing).

When I turn MM ‘on’ it says that it is on, though I haven’t checked that yet from another IP.

I’m on BPS Pro 17.4 and all is up to date on my standard WP site. And I’ve tried it in Firefox and MS Edge with the same results.

Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

A 500 error typically means you entered some invalid code somewhere.  Did you add code into the MMode Editor?  Try cutting your content/code in the MMode Editor and entering only just plain text.  Example:  test.  Then try the preview again.

jenni101
    Participant

No code, only a h2 for some of the text and an image.

I’ve retested with the same text but no image = same results. Then with just plain text = same results in both browsers.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Maybe something on your web host does not allow the preview page to display. Have you tried to enable Maintenance Mode to see if it actually works or not.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.