MainWP wants to write to .htaccess

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro MainWP wants to write to .htaccess

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    netvisibilitygroup
    Participant

Hi: We are switching over from WP Manage to MainWP on our sites and the ones that are running BPS Pro are having the .htaccess files quarantined. MainWP wants to write to them and add this at the bottom (and possible more under certain conditions):

# BEGIN MainWP

# END MainWP

how can I prevent them getting quarantined?  Also, do I need to do anything else to make sure that MainWP can manage plugins remotely?

Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do these steps to add MainWP htaccess code to BPS Custom Code:

1. Turn Off AutoRestore.
    2. Unlock your Root htaccess file if it is locked on the B-Core > htaccess File Editor page.
    3. Trigger MainWP to create its htaccess code.  May require plugin deactivation and activation or resaving plugin settings.
    4. Copy the MainWP htaccess code that is created in your Root htaccess file to this BPS Root Custom Code text box: 14. CUSTOM CODE BOTTOM HOTLINKING/FORBID COMMENT SPAMMERS/BLOCK BOTS/BLOCK IP/REDIRECT CODE.
    5. Click the Save Root Custom Code button.
    6. Go to the Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.
    7. Go to the htaccess File Editor page and lock your Root htaccess file.

Or to exclude the BPS Root htaccess file from being checked by AutoRestore so that it is not repeatedly quarantined when MainWP uses WP Flush Rewrite Rules:

Create a single file AutoRestore exclude rule for your root htaccess file > http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#autorestore-exclude-rules

netvisibilitygroup
    Participant

Ok thank you very much.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.