Media Library blank

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Media Library blank

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well good news and bad news.  It is not a problem with any of the security code in the root .htaccess file.  It is the BULLETPROOF text itself.  ie if the BULLETPROOF text is in the root .htaccess file then the Media Library page does not load.  Not sure what the hell is causing this.  Still looking for the source of what is looking for the text “BULLETPROOF” in the root .htaccess file.

# BULLETPROOF PRO 9.3 SECURE .HTACCESS

# If you edit the BULLETPROOF PRO 9.3 SECURE .HTACCESS text above

When I delete these 2 instances of “BULLETPROOF” from the root .htaccess file then the Media Library page loads normally, but of course BPS will display an error since it is checking for the “BULLETPROOF” text in the root .htaccess file.

# PRO 9.3 SECURE .HTACCESS

# If you edit the PRO 9.3 SECURE .HTACCESS text above
    Jose
    Participant

So, may be you have to find out a workaround. Uff; Yes, funny stuff. 🙂

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yeah, but the workaround means that this error message is displayed:  “BPS Pro Alert! Your site does not appear to be protected by BulletProof Security” Since BPS is looking for the “BULLETPROOF” text in the root .htaccess file. I’m going to merge your reply and this one into the new Forum topic I created for this. 😉

Jose
    Participant

OK; maybe wordpress team could help for a wordaround.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I will figure it out.  It’s some dumb quirky check somewhere that is fubar.  It is not happening in BPS free so somewhere I have created some fubar check in BPS Pro that is probably doing a “return” so that the Media page looks blank and is blank because of that “return”.  Still looking.  😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok I found the problem/coding mistake and it is even dumber than what I thought it would be.  It looked like it had to do literally with the “BULLETPROOF” text and it did in an indirect way, but it just so happens that the coding mistake is in the Dashboard Status Display code that just happens to be involved in the check for the “BULLETPROOF” text in the root .htaccess file.  Anyway the dumb mistake is I added a div, but never closed that div with /div so the Status Display is wrecking the divs on the Media Library page.  Super dumb mistake.  jeez.  Anyway I will get this fixed and release BPS Pro 9.4 ASAP.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Workaround for now for everything to work is this:

1. Go to S-Monitor
    3. Set this to option to Display Status and Alerts in BPS Only
    4. Click the Save Options button

Jose
    Participant

So happy ending to this convoluted crossword. Great work.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

It will be a happy ending once BPS Pro 9.4 is released and installed by everyone.  ha ha ha.  The fix is already done so I am packaging the BPS Pro 9.4 zip right now.  Will be available in about 30 minutes to an hour.

Man the WordPress Media Library is even MORE FREAKING AMAZING in WP 4.0!!!   It was already awesome, but now it is beyond awesome.  Have you tried adding a YouTube video in a Post yet – SUPER FREAKING AWESOMENESS!!!!

Jose
    Participant

I’ve just tried adding a YouTube video, and it’s awesome. And the Media Library looks very good; much better than it was.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yeah freakin total awesomeness.

BPS Pro 9.4 has been released.  Go to your WordPress Plugins page and refresh your Browser a couple of times.  Then upgrade to BPS Pro 9.4.  You can then change your S-Monitor setting back to what it was before.

john
    Participant

This is all about the media library. which is very important to me. I am using the Apple TV. if I have any problem with the Apple TV go to the Apple TV Support which provides the best support. Media is very important to any technology.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.