MemberPress plugin htaccess code

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro MemberPress plugin htaccess code

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    bill
    Participant

Ok, thank you for your time and assistance.

Continued success,

-Bill

bill
    Participant

Brief Update: In order for everything to work smoothly, per your instructions, I had to disable JTC and I also had to remove the #Protect wp-login.php from Brute Force Login Attacks placed under 14. CUSTOM CODE BOTTOM HOTLINKING/FORBID COMMENT SPAMMERS… as well. That said, I also use Jetpack, which keeps track of and blocks brute force login (as well), and according to its counter: the site went from 0 to (58) EDIT: 65 attempts since I disabled JTC and removed the aforementioned code. The site received no visitors during this stretch- since we’re prepping for roll-out.  So, my questions are: Should I be concerned about the uptick? And, with every other preventive BPS Pro feature (that I am aware of) activated, am I still protected from the “bad guys?”

Please pardon me if the questions are elementary. This is my first membership site. All of my other sites are locked down. No comments, members; nothing. So, they all have JTC activated, added brute force login coded, etc.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

For now see if Jetpack blocks bad bots from auto-registering and auto-logins.  If bad bots are able to auto-register then add the MemberPress Match CAPTCHA add-on > https://memberpress.com/add-ons/math-captcha/.  CAPTCHA’s block bots from auto-registering and auto-logins.

bill
    Participant

Will do, thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.