Memory/CPU Usage

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Memory/CPU Usage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kev White
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve just purchased BPS Pro today after reading the reviews and seeing it in action. I have a cPanel account with 2CPU & 2GB Ram and its shot the resource usage up to full usage – to the point I’ve purchased more resources.

Why is it using so much resources?

Below is the graph before/after the plugin installation then also before/after the resource upgrade.

https://ibb.co/TY5YJBB

1. install of the plugin
    2. upgrade of the resources
    Kev White
    Participant

Hello,

Just to follow up I have disabled the security logging which has resolved the issue. It has brought the CPU/Memory back down to its usage roughly around before I installed the plugin.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I have seen that before on VPS and Dedicated servers, but am not sure why security logging would cause excessive CPU usage. Security logging uses frwrite() to write to a plain text file. It might be that how the server is capturing the open/read/write is not really accurate or a server config change is needed for open/read/write actions. My server’s CPU usage for the last 7 days is below. Note: I have 7 websites + 1 API server on my hosting account. 1000+ visits per day + 1000+ API connections per day.

https://forum.ait-pro.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/cpu-usage-last-7-days.jpg

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Forgot to mention this > The Plugin Firewall feature uses the Security Log entries to create Plugin Firewall whitelist rules. So if you install any new plugins then turn on Security Logging and turn on Plugin Firewall Test Mode.  Then click through your main website pages (home, contact page, store and other main pages).  You only need to turn on these things for 5 minutes to allow the Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode cron to create new whitelist rules if needed. Then turn off Security Logging.  Click the Plugin Firewall Activate button to turn Test Mode off.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.