Microsoft Office Existence Discovery Error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Microsoft Office Existence Discovery Error

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kathy
    Participant

I can’t seem to figure out how to clear this error showing up in security log.  It happens rather frequently.  The Remote Address & Host Name changes but the error is the same:

>>>>>>>>>>> 403 GET or Other Request Error Logged - 08/22/2013 - 12:01 pm <<<<<<<<<<<
    REMOTE_ADDR: 66.18.62.66
    Host Name: static-host-66-18-62-66.epbinternet.com
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP:
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER:
    REQUEST_URI: /Documents/Templates/MF/NP/Yellowbook-A-133-Reports/NP-A-133-001.docx
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Microsoft Office Existence Discovery
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Does this file really exist on your website?  If so, can you access and view it?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually I confirmed that the file does exist on your website and it is downloadable.

INDEPENDENT AUDITOR’S REPORT ON COMPLIANCE WITH REQUIREMENTS 

Kathy
    Participant

It does exist.  We have a premium membership that people must have in order to access template files.  I think I have to be logged in as a member to access it, but it exists.  [link removed since this is a private members only document]

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

So what is most likely occurring is that some additional thing that is occurring when downloading the file is triggering a 403 error.  The file is accessible and downloadable so you can choose to ignore this error or you can dig a little deeper into why that additional 403 error is occurring.  On the Security Log page you can also choose to ignore certain errors based on the User Agent.  In this case the User Agent would be:  Microsoft Office Existence Discovery

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I was able to download the file so it is currently not being blocked from public users.  I found the doc by searching Google so it is indexed by Google and is publicly downloadable to anyone.

Kathy
    Participant

Thanks for your help!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Google Searches Used:
    site:ahacpa.org .docx
    Yellowbook-A-133-Reports/NP-A-133-001.docx

Kathy
    Participant

You have helped me with two things!  I believe I have the access worked out.  Thanks for your help.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Activity Comment copied from the Activity Stream and posted in this relevant topic:

sorry but i have another question. If there is another way you prefer for me to ask these questions then please LMK. I am not sure why these two 403’s showed up. the first looks like it juts requested the home page ”/”, the second’s URL is valid.

>>>>>>>>>>> 403 GET or HEAD Request Error Logged – September 10, 2013 – 1:42 pm <<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>> 403 GET or HEAD Request Error Logged – September 10, 2013 – 2:21 pm <<<<<<<<<<<
    REMOTE_ADDR: 12.147.195.3
    Host Name: global.conemaugh.org
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP:
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER:
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Appendix_G_Culture_CheckUpTool_41-11-07-11.doc
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Microsoft Office Existence Discovery
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

So what is most likely occurring is that some additional thing that is occurring when downloading the file is triggering a 403 error.  The file is accessible and downloadable so you can choose to ignore this error or you can dig a little deeper into why that additional 403 error is occurring.  On the Security Log page you can also choose to ignore certain errors based on the User Agent.  In this case the User Agent would be:  Microsoft Office Existence Discovery

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.