Migration – php error with Autorestore

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Migration – php error with Autorestore

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tina Dubinsky
    Participant

Hello

I’ve nearly finished a migration of my site following your instructions: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/migrating-moving-or-cloning-websites/ to a new server and host.  I’m having a problem with accessing AutoRestore and when I try to go to this section I get the following php error

[02-Mar-2014 05:10:27 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '{' in /REMOVED/REMOVED/REMOVED/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/autorestore/autorestore.php on line 114

Everything else seems to be set up fine.  As part of my migration, I had to create a new custom php ini file (you created the original one for my old server last year)

I’ve had a peek at the autorestore file and line 114 but I can’t see anything unusual.

Thanks
    -Tina

Tina Dubinsky
    Participant

Just further, while pottering around trying to figure out the issue I’ve also received a similar php error for the activation page

[02-Mar-2014 06:57:54 UTC] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '{', expecting '&' or T_VARIABLE in /REMOVED/REMOVED/REMOVED/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/activation/activation.php on line 116

Going to look at reinstalling bullet proof later and will let you know how that goes.

Tina Dubinsky
    Participant

I can’t seem to login to download the latest version.  I’ve even entered in a new password twice. Made double sure the extra code is correct as well –   I’m feeling a bit frustrated

Tina Dubinsky
    Participant

So login issue resolved.

• Uninstalled the old version
    • Reinstalled a new one
    • Requested new key
    • Went to set up Wizard.  Checks all done and successful
    • However when running the Wizard it timed out (504)
    • The sections I couldn’t access before, seem to be accessible now, so I’m going to set it up manually rather than use the Wizard.
    Tina Dubinsky
    Participant

All seems set up successfully now.  I still have another 6 sites to migrate as addon domains (all similar set up – so if any further issues, I’ll let you know).

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I think the fastest way to do a migration these days is to do these steps.
    1. Copy the Plugin Firewall whitelist rules from the Plugin Firewall Whitelist Text area and save them to a Notepad or Notepad++ text file on your computer.
    2. Deactivate and delete BPS Pro on the old site.
    3. Install BPS Pro on the new site, request a new Activation Key and run the Wizards.
    4. After running the Wizards on a new cloned site, go to the Plugin Firewall and copy and paste your plugin script rules/whitelist rules into the Plugin Firewall Whitelist Text area, click the Save Whitelist Options button and activate the Plugin Firewall again.

Tina Dubinsky
    Participant

Thanks. I had the same result with the second site.  The auto restore and activation were accessible before running the wizard, but once I ran the wizard the first time on the new server, both ended up hanging as per the first install.  As its took me two days to download all the files from the old host, I unfortunately don’t have the luxury of doing it all again with BPS Pro uninstalled, so I’ll have to uninstall it after uploading to the new host.

Cheers

Tina

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Whatever works best for you, but what is very important is that AutoRestore/Quarantine is turned Off in BPS Pro when doing migrations.  You do not want ARQ trying to check things while you are changing things because ARQ will see that as an attack and take action – quarantine/autorestore files, etc.  If you turned Off ARQ prior to creating your clone then you should not run into a problem with files being quarantined or autorestored during the migration.

Tina Dubinsky
    Participant

Yep I followed the steps for migrating that you provided, so ARQ is turned off, file locks off etc.  No other major install issues.

(I have struck a small side issue with my new host’s app installer, I’ll go into this on another post.)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.