Missing MScan Reports

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Missing MScan Reports

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Terry
    Participant

Whether I manually run a MScan or it runs automatically I never see a report in the “MScan Report” tab. I can see the information in the “MScan Log” so I know the scan ran and concluded successfully. Any ideas?

Thank you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Try this > Click the Delete File Hashes Tool button and click the Reset MScan button > run a new Scan. Note: You will have to run 2 scans since the first one will be the File Hash Maker scan to create new file hashes.  If that does not work then try scanning just the wp-content, wp-admin and wp-includes folders by only selecting those folder checkboxes under the Website Folders & Files To Scan form.

Terry
    Participant

I tried both the suggestions, and it still does not create a report even though it is creating a log file successfully.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This problem could be caused by a few things off the top of my head.  Server config, another plugin interfering with MScan, structural issue, etc.  If you would like for me to figure this out then send a WordPress Administrator login to:  info@ait-pro.com

Terry
    Participant

I figured out that the W3 Total Cache Plugin is minifying the BPS script and breaking things like the MScan report. I just need to figure out which scripts I should try and block from being minified.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great find!!!  js minification in general is known to cause problems.  My personal opinion after experimenting with js minification is that the performance increase (if any) is not worth the problems that automated js minification can cause.  You may want to use a website speed testing site and compare your site’s performance with and without js minification to see if using js minification is really worth the risk of breaking things. 😉

Most likely excluding/whitelisting these 2 BPS MScan files in W3TC from being minified would solve the problem:
    Note: Even though these are php files, they both contain inline js code.

/bulletproof-security/admin/mscan/mscan.php
    /bulletproof-security/admin/mscan/mscan-scan-status.php

Not sure why W3TC js minification would be minifying files in the wp-admin area.  So maybe you can exclude the /wp-admin/ backend area from being minified since that should not be done. You only need the frontend of your site to cached, minified, etc.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I doubt these js files would need to be excluded in W3TC, but you can try to exclude these files:

BPS free:  /bulletproof-security/admin/js/bps-mscan-ajax.js
    BPS Pro:  /bulletproof-security/admin/js/bps-arq-ajax.js

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.