Website Performance problems – Broken Link Checker, HEAD Request, looping

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Website Performance problems – Broken Link Checker, HEAD Request, looping

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Patrick
    Participant

Hi, in recent days has been recorded an error coming from this direction box567.bluehost.com, which is my server.
    The error was repeated constantly.
    For a few minutes ago, my server to my blog disabled.
    The reason is “Causing site performance problems”.
    That’s what I can do now?
    I can ftp access to my account.
    An example of the error:

>>>>>>>>>>> 403 GET or Other Request Error Logged - 7 marzo 2013 - 10:22 <<<<<<<<<<<
    REMOTE_ADDR: 66.147.242.167
    Host Name: box567.bluehost.com
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP:
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER: http: //masalladelared.com
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-content/uploads/2011/09/20110808-Cathay_Pacific_1.jpg
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)

translated by google

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Excessive Security logging is not the cause of the problem and is instead indicating/logging the problem.   I doubt seriously that this particular log entry has to do with the problem.  Typically what will cause a host to shutdown a website is if you have coding errors on your website that are causing constant looping.  You need to get the exact technical reason from your Host and post it here or look in your Server logs for this error:  “Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects”.

You can turn off error logging, but the original problem will still exist so you need to find out what that problem is.

Patrick
    Participant

My blog is down for excess files.
    As a measure to resorver this problem I deleted the files created with Autorestore.
    As data have to say that removing the backup files I saw that no longer existed in my WordPress installation, including themes that no longer existed, that eliminates pluing …
    This is curious since I understand that every time I make a backup not would have to keep the files that no longer exist.
    I do not speak inglish, translated by google.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You might want to consider getting a new web host if they are telling you that you have used up too much Disk Space.  These days the top big name brand Hosts give you Unlimited Disk Space and Unlimited Bandwidth.  If you are using a Reseller Host then what they do is ration out small portions of Disk Space and Bandwidth to all of their customers.  You are always better off going with the actual Host and not a Reseller Host.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The most common problem that I see for folks getting suspended by their Host is that they have a coding problem on their website and the coding errors are happening constantly.  This uses up the Server’s memory.  Diskspace and Bandwidth are not that important.  Actual Server memory is important because all the websites under a particular Server are sharing that memory.  If one website is using excessive Server memory then it negatively impacts/affects all the other users/websites on that particular Server.

The #1 cause of excessive Server memory usage is a coding error/mistake causing constant errors, which is a constant drain on Server memory.

Example:  ”Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects” is a constant looping error that is happening constantly over and over and over….

Patrick
    Participant

I have found the problem that overload the server, broken link checker plugin.
    I’ve disabled and removed, and I will tell if the problem or not.
    For now I return to perform the backup with AQR

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well done.  Most likely what was happening is that since BPS / BPS Pro block HEAD Requests and the Broken Link Checker makes HEAD Requests then this was probably causing a looping problem.  I will add a check in BPS Pro 5.7 that will check if the Broken Link Checker plugin is installed and then display a message that HEAD needs to be removed from the Request Methods filter shown in the Forum topic link below.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/broken-link-checker-plugin-403-error/

Patrick
    Participant

Broken Link Checker plugin was and is a problem of overloading the server, but the problem with files over is when I do the backup.
    This is the new message that has given me my server:

Your account contains more than 9740 directories and may pose a potential performance risk to the server.
    Please reduce the number of directories for your account to prevent possible account deactivation.

To keep my blog is again disabled I deleted the backup and ARQ disabled.
    It will consider the question of change of server.

By the way, my server is Bluehost

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

A new Broken Link Checker check has been added to BPS Pro 5.7, which will be released today.  The check looks to see if Broken Link Checker is activated and if the HEAD Request Method filter is in use in the root .htaccess file.

The typical average number of WordPress (WP Core files, plugin files, theme files) related files (not directories) that most websites have is between 2,500 – 4,500.  If you have a lot of websites under a Hosting account then you will of course have more files and directories.  The total number of files and directories is usually not that important and should not cause a problem for the Server, but if you have extrememly large files then this could be a problem for the Server I guess.  If you are storing unnecessary files and directories then you can download and store them on your computer.

Regarding AutoRestore/Quarantine and the AITpro sites.  ARQ is turned On and checking files on each of 10 different WordPress websites under 1 Hosting account with a total number of files somewhere between 25,000 to 30,000 files for over 2 years without any issues or problems.

If you are using the Add additional folders and files (non-WordPress folders and files) to check in ARQ then this will cause significantly more resource usage because the Add additional folders and files checks use your WordPress database to check these folders and files.  Database queries cause the most resource usage on WordPress sites.  ARQ is designed not to use your WordPress database for checking all WordPress related files and instead does these checks using pure code without using any database queries and is performance optimized to check in a way that causes very insignificant resource usages – 5,000 WordPress ONLY files can be checked by ARQ on an ongoing basis and peak resource usage is barely noticeable.

Patrick
    Participant

I have no heavy file hosted on the server. I’m just using 1834.435 MB of disk space, is less than 2 GB.
    I have already sent an email to check my account because I think that not so much as disk usage to disable the account and I keep warning me again.

Translated by Google

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok then what I am pretty sure is happening is that your host support does not really know exactly what the issue is and they are guessing.  I find it very hard to believe that the small amount of disk space that you are using is the real cause of the problem.  So far they have told you very vague and general things that are (might be guessing) the issue/problem.  If it were me I would escalate this ticket at this point.  You need to talk to a support person who actually knows what is going on and not someone who is guessing.

kenneth west
    Participant

I have been using the guide that I have got at http://eatmywords.com/services/workshops/, the resource has been very detailed so it gave me better understanding and it application.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.