New file quarantine: dump.txt

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro New file quarantine: dump.txt

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Deb
    Participant

As of all yesterday’s BPS updates over many installations, one new oddity happening on one site, one occurrance today and one yesterday, BPS pro grabbing this file to quarantine:
    Added: On a lark I went to the BPS DB backup log. There are many entries there at various dates and time (didn’t know it was doing anything). Yesterday’s quarantine corresponds to this entry:
    Any ideas? What should I do with it? Is it something new with the DB aspects in BPS? I’ve never seen that file anywhere before.
    [Old Zip Backup File(s) Automatic Deletion: December 15, 2014 4:25 pm]
    There was no corresponding entry for today’s quarantined file.

/home/username/public_html/C:\dump.txt
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The only dump file that I am aware of is a Linux Core dump file that occurs when the server crashes – it is typically named “core”.  Use the View Option in Quarantine to view the dump.txt file contents to see what is in that file and post that here.  If the file is extremely large then only post the top portion of the file contents up to 100 lines of text/code.

Deb
    Participant

Went to File Manager as well. It’s 657 bytes, named C_dump.txt and only contains 2 paragraphs (code and all) of a post from the blog which is installed in sub-directory. It was caught by the main site BPS plugin. (The main site is in a WP install in root and the blog (much older install) is in a sub-directory of root. Each is set up with BPS pro as a plugin.)

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I am not sure what dumped that file there, but obviously it is not a hacker file so you can just delete it from Quarantine.

Deb
    Participant

New to me as well. Okay, out it goes. If this is a daily routine, let me know where I should look for a cause.
    Thank you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I guess check your server log?  I did a Google search, but did not find any information about a dump.txt file.

Deb
    Participant

I don’t know what log and where that would be. Contacted the Host and they ran a file search from their tools yesterday.
    This plugin/code has been on the site for over 2 years working fine. I installed the upgrade last night. Still fired off so will check w/plugin author as this addon for “excerpts” to primary plugin was purchased.

It looks like file in question is being generated by this file:
    wp-content/plugins/wp-rss-excerpts-thumbnails/wp-rss-excerpts-thumbnails.php
    with this line of code being responsible for it:
    http://www.wprssaggregator.com

file_put_contents('C:\dump.txt', $item->get_content());
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If the file is useful or you just do not want to be bothered with seeing it quarantined repeatedly then you can create an AutoRestore file exclude rule to tell AutoRestore not to monitor/check this file.  See the video tutorial link below for how to do that.
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#autorestore-quarantine

Deb
    Participant

Hopefully last addendum & just applied the update to client site so tomorrow will tell:

Miguel replied Mar 9, 11:36am
    Hi,

We apologize for this issue. This must be a measure used by one of our developers during testing, and was not removed when the add-on came to be updated. Sorry about that!
    The code has been removed and an update will be issued later today.

Miguel Muscat
    Lead Developer – WP RSS Aggregator

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.