New login security options notification

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free New login security options notification

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    b-cat
    Participant

The update today (Version .48.9) placed several notifications at the top of the WordPress Admin panel. A couple of them included links to dismiss the notifications, but one of them doesn’t seem to have this option, and I don’t know how to get rid of the notification. I’ve already clicked the “Click Here” link several times to view the new Login Security page. How do I dismiss this notification?

The notification message reads:
    New Login Security Options Notification
    Click Here to go to Login Security page and choose the settings you want to use for these 2 new Login Security Options:
    Error Messages Option & Password Reset Option and then click the Save Options button.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You would not want to dismiss this notification since the new Login Security options need to be saved – New option 1.  Error Messages – New option 2. Password Reset.  That is why the new feature displayed notice is not a dismiss notice.

Click the Click Here link, which will take you to the Login Security page and click the Save Options button.  This will save the default options for the 2 new Login Security options or you can choose different settings for the 2 new options and then click the Save Options button.

We could have just automatically saved these 2 new options, but we felt that it was more important to let folks know about these 2 new options so they could make their own choices about what they wanted to set these 2 new options settings too.

The Whats New tab page in BPS gives a brief description of any new options, changes, etc. in new BPS versions and the Blue Read Me help buttons are updated with new help information in each new BPS version release.

b-cat
    Participant

Okay, that fixed it. Just needed to re-save the options. Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you would like to know more about the 2 new Login Security options then click the Blue Read Me help button on the Login Security page.  These are Login Security Stealth Mode option settings depending on what you do and do not want to allow on your websites.  For example we use different Login Security Stealth Mode settings for each of our websites depending on what we do and do not want to allow.

We also recommend adding this Brute Force Login Protection code for your websites.
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/protect-login-page-from-brute-force-login-attacks/

b-cat
    Participant

Is there an easy way to whitelist specific IP addresses or ranges of IP addresses so they won’t get accidentally locked out by the login options? In order to test that my site is working properly, I regularly attempt some bogus logins, and I don’t like risking locking myself out. (Of course, the lock-out feature is also something I would like to test once in a while, so I would then need to remove my IP from the whitelist for those tests.)

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The best way to test BPS Login Security is to create another user account.  It can be a Subscriber account or any WP Roles:  Admin, Author, Editor or Subscriber.  Then test away.  😉

Outdate/obsolete info deleted – See XTF

BPS Pro Xternal Tools (XTF) are intended to be used when you are unable to login to your website to fix an issue/problem.  You can turn Off BPS Pro features using the XTF Form options without having to be logged into your website.

BPS Pro Xternal Tools (XTF) Guide
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/xternal-tools-xtf-guide/

BPS Pro Xternal Tools (XTF) Video Tutorial
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#xternal-tools

Additional Login Security help info
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/login-security-login-monitoring-read-me-first/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.