Ninja Forms – 403 error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Ninja Forms – 403 error

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Rob B
    Participant

Here is the Failed Transaction Redirect

https://steelvilleartscouncil.org/art/art-in-the-park-artist-registration-apr-13-2019/?nf_resume=55&nfpe_checkout=success&token=EC-00E86977DX982925X&PayerID=8ZVHXS6QRKZ4Q

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

With failed/cancelled PayPal transaction redirects you only want to use just the URL and not the Query String with any parameters.  So this is the URL you would want to use instead > https://steelvilleartscouncil.org/art/art-in-the-park-artist-registration-apr-13-2019/.  Or better would be to either redirect them back to your root Store URL or even better create a new page specifically for cancelled/failed PayPal transactions with help information letting the user know that their PayPal transaction was either cancelled or failed.  Example:  https://steelvilleartscouncil.org/art/paypal-cancelled-failed-transactions/

Rob B
    Participant

Ok I mis-characterized this url.  It is the url that is passed back to the plugin after the transaction.

It is not something I can set.

It is not the success or failure url it is passing information on whether the payment was successful or not to the plugin.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

With our PayPal account we have a specific PayPal setting that allows you to add an URL for failed or cancelled transactions.  If you have a different type of PayPal account then maybe you don’t have that option setting.

I’ve checked/tested the URL and Query String on one of our test sites and I am not seeing a 403 error.  There is nothing in the Query String itself that is being blocked by BPS htaccess code.  So that means either the way the redirect from PayPal is occurring is being blocked by some BPS Query String Exploits code or maybe some other additional htaccess code you have added in BPS Custom Code or maybe something else is causing the 403 error like Mod Security installed/enabled in your hosting account.

At this point let’s eliminate the BPS Root htaccess file/code.  Deactivate Root Folder BulletProof Mode, process a normal Store transaction, cancel the transaction and let me know if you see a 403 error or not.

Rob B
    Participant

Ok  I

eliminate the BPS Root htaccess file/code

then

Deactivate Root Folder BulletProof Mode

all transactions went through.

Canceled transactions  were not blocked.

Rob B
    Participant

Turing protection back on till told to do otherwise

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Send your root htaccess file contents to this email address:  info at ait-pro dot com so I can take a look at what might be causing the problem.  Go to the B-Core > htaccess File Editor tab page > Your Current Root htaccess File tab > copy all of your root htaccess file contents into a text doc and send it to me.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well this is odd. I wanted to test a couple of things and filled out the Ninja Forms form and cancelled the PayPal transaction and I did not see a 403 error and was successfully redirected back to the Ninja Forms form.  Did you reactivate Root folder BulletProof Mode or is it still turned off?

I rechecked your website’s source code and it looks like you might be using maxcdn on your Ninja Forms form page.  You never want to cache any forms on a website.  So maybe that is what is causing the problem?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually it just looks like you are using maxcdn for Font Awesome and not caching your Ninja Forms form.  I have a couple of ideas for what to do next and I think this is the best one to try next.  Check your Ninja Forms plugin/form settings and look for an option setting for failed/cancelled transactions.  Hopefully you will find an option setting where you can enter a URL for failed/cancelled transactions.

Rob B
    Participant

No setting for  for failed or cancelled transaction in ninja forms.

The BPS Root back on.

I did a test transaction also and it went through where it failed before.

Stand by will be doing more testing.  Back at it tomorrow later.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.