one-off paid setup?

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro one-off paid setup?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jenni101
    Participant

Hi there,

After learning heaps about BPS from setting-up the BPS free version I thought i would manage the Pro version too – but it’s sooo complicated for a newbie like me! I’ve done most of the trial and error for the htaccess stuff when I was testing it out with the free version, but I’m finding the php warnings a bit overwhelming!

So I was wondering if you offered a paid one-off full set-up of the BPS pro, so that at least all the main plugins were sorted and nothing was blocked or causing problems? I have BPS pro installed in my main root installed site, and also in my addon domain site which is in a subfolder. Mostly the same plugins on both, so I thought I could then copy your settings from the main site BPS into my addon site’s BPS – saving you from doing things twice.

If you could contact me on my email I can give you more information on my site and server set-up or whatever other info you need to give me a quote.

many thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

With the addition of the new Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode in BPS Pro 9.8 the entire BPS Pro setup should take about 5 minutes.  Previously having to check the Plugin Firewall was a bit time consuming and the only remaining feature in BPS Pro that was not completely automated.

The Setup Wizard sets up BPS Pro completely so there are not any choices to make or anything manual to setup.  JTC is s personal preference feature so JTC is not setup automatically, but should take around 1 minute to setup manually.

BPS Pro comes with a php error log, but the php errors are not related to or caused by BPS Pro. BPS Pro is just logging those php errors.  See this forum topic on how to figure out php errors that are occurring on other plugins or themes and how to get about fixing them.  Once again BPS Pro is just logging those pre-existing php errors.  Or in other words, they were already occurring and now you know that they are occurring since BPS Pro is logging them.

I can put you in touch with a Developer who we refer folks to for non-BPS Pro help/work like solving other plugin’s and theme’s php errors.  I will send you his email address in a few minutes. He used to do BPS Pro setups for a very reasonable fee, but since we added the Setup Wizard we rarely have anyone who is requesting a BPS Pro setup since it is now completely automated by the Wizard.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Here is the forum topic on troubleshooting php errors.  Unfortunately, it is very general about how to troubleshoot php errors since we are not attempting to document every single php error that occurs in 1,000’s of plugins and themes.  😉

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/how-to-troubleshoot-php-errors-php-errors-in-your-php-error-log/

jenni101
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me – very reassuring! i was under the impression that the php errors were occurring because of how my BPS pro was setup and effecting the site, but basically you’re saying that these errors were already there, it’s just that i was blissfully ignorant?

If that’s the case then I feel a bit better about trying to look at some of them. But thanks for the contact info of the developer anyway, who I’ll email if I get stuck.

Cheers.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Take a look at the php error forum link that I posted above first and read the very top paragraphs of the forum topic to get a general idea about what matters and what does not matter in regards to php errors.  Also it is better to contact plugin and theme authors about the php errors you are seeing in those plugins or themes so that the author can fix those issues in their next version release.  Typically most php errors are not that important and are just nick nack things that need to corrected in another plugin or theme.

jenni101
    Participant

Thanks AIT pro. yes I’d read that and had started to panic about the ‘fatal errors’ but now feel more confident do just work through them gradually. Also good to know that I should be reporting them to the plugin developers too.

So all sorted! Cheers 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.